Do you hunt coyotes?

Do you hunt coyotes?

• YES

Votes: 1,658 83.7%
  • NO

Votes: 322 16.3%

• Total voters
I killed my first coyote in 1960. Back then it was easy pickings. Didn't pickup a rifle for a couple of years after I came back from Vietnam but, I've been at it since 1970. I don't worry about how many I kill because they'll be here long after I'm gone.

Not yet but plan to as soon as I get my 25-06 back together. They are a problem here. I have family that work on some ranches here and we can hunt them on the private land or all over public land.

Love calling coyotes! Been trying to call a bear in during bear season for a few years but have not done that yet. Hopefully that will chance sometime soon. Have also tried calling a mountain lion. Have not take one yet, but still working on it.

Coyotes are so much fun to hunt! What an animal.
David

Love to hunt yotes. What a great test off skill. They are one of the most cunning creatures on earth. Been serious about them for years. Beem in several comtests. My cowboy church holds one or two a year.

By far predator hunting is my favorite. It seems to come natural to me, started when I was around 12. I found my dad's old Johnny Strewart e-call and took it out behind the house. Not have a clue how to work it I turn it on and blasted the volume. Man I thought I was doing all the good sitting there I was looking for something to come in. Well the coyote show up about 75 yards away when I spotted them I was so startled that I swung as hard and fast to get on the coyote he spotted me and ran. I would of had a better chance running him down but since then I have been hooked.

Predator hunting and deer hunting are my two favorite things to do. I hunt coyotes and cats 5 months out of the year. If it wasnt for predators and deer i dont know what i would do.

Only as targets of opportunity while ranching until this year...just bought a Primos Alpha Dogg and will use a good amount of my semi-retired time making noise at 'em. Have seen lots of coyotes and red fox while haying in the last few years along with 2 or 3 bobcats a year. Tons of crows, skunks, racoons and opossums.

Yes, Ocassionaly. Do I shoot coyotes ? At every opportunity. When I am out and about, I usually pack one or the other of my 22 long rifles. Plus a 22 Ruger single six with a mag cylinder I am partial to. I raise a few Boer Meat goats and they become fare for an ocassional hungry coyote. So tit for tat.

As often as possible, just called 3 in the other night in 2 sets. Shot 1 and missed 1 and another winded me too far out for anything other than to wave bye bye.
Dang herd of mule deer came into my distress call before the coyotes got close on the second set but I still got the one to stop with a mouse squeaker. Shot her and missed the other on the dead run. :(

Was a riot and 30 seconds of adrenaline rush though.

:)
gun)

LAAngles

Looks like you have been haveing fun with the Wylie bunch.

I am going out on the 18th of Feb. to Christmas Valley here in
Central Oregon. Coyote heaven, if I'm luckey I will dust off
a few. New Savage 111 LRH 7mm Rem mag. to break in.

If you are going over the mountian passes, be sure to carry your tire chains
and survival gear. They say we are going to get snow in the in Northwest.

Thin out a bunch of howlers and good luck !

I was headed to Christmas Valley in S.E. Central Oregon, ro do a little thinning
myself. But, my pickup has decided to be a little cranky and needed some
professional care at a local garage, So will pospone for a week or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts