Daughters first bolt gun build. It will take some time but will use this thread as a journal of her build.

Nick is awesome. A bit too busy at times but anyone good usually has a lot on their plate. Good luck with it. I have one rifle from him and another waiting for new reamers.
We have 4 or 5 rifles he put together, they have done good work by us.

I worked with Nick at straight jacket armory this last week and tried out a suppressor I had never tried before and it was light and short. So this gun will be built around a suppressor being used.
Did it happen to be the Sinter, by Radical Firearms?

We have 4 or 5 rifles he put together, they have done good work by us.

Did it happen to be the Sinter, by Radical Firearms?
He put together my 338 RUM and I went and shot on his range. He actually had me over at his house and had me over for dinner. Nick is a heck of a guy and will build all the rest of my guns. The can I used was a CGS printed titanium Hyperion K 762.

Nick is awesome. A bit too busy at times but anyone good usually has a lot on their plate. Good luck with it. I have one rifle from him and another waiting for new reamers.
While with him I think we chambered 32 barrels. The dude works his butt off. I was shocked at how much the incoming calls slowed him down. He must have taken 35-50 calls the day I was at his shop.

Here is my 338 RUM we built. It also has a 30 Nosler switch barrel I am hoping to sell and go to a shorter barrel for a can.

Attachments

• F6AB993F-3309-47C3-84CC-EFCF7D2C94CD.jpeg
    F6AB993F-3309-47C3-84CC-EFCF7D2C94CD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
He put together my 338 RUM and I went and shot on his range. He actually had me over at his house and had me over for dinner. Nick is a heck of a guy and will build all the rest of my guns. The can I used was a CGS printed titanium Hyperion K 762.
Yup, I have hung out in his shop and watched him chamber several, I try to always keep my conversations with him on builds quick so he doesn't get slowed down much, he usually doesn't answer phones much on...Mondays I think? I know he has a day he avoids the phones to get work done, and only wants people coming into the shop on certain days. I always try to just stop by the shop if I need to talk with them, makes it easier and him or Tristan can work while we talk. Good group of people.

Yup, I have hung out in his shop and watched him chamber several, I try to always keep my conversations with him on builds quick so he doesn't get slowed down much, he usually doesn't answer phones much on...Mondays I think? I know he has a day he avoids the phones to get work done, and only wants people coming into the shop on certain days. I always try to just stop by the shop if I need to talk with them, makes it easier and him or Tristan can work while we talk. Good group of people.
I agree! I had a good time with him and his family. I hope I get to hang out with him again someday down the road.