Daughters first bolt gun build. It will take some time but will use this thread as a journal of her build.

Tidus56

This one will take awhile as I have to start the back order waiting game, but this will be her first bolt gun. She already has an AR and a 10/22. This rifle will be for mule deer and cow elk. We typically shoot younger cows…they just taste so much better.

I am thinking I will order

Manners MCS-CS with a min chassis
Defiance AnTI in Remington short action
Carbon barrel 18-20 inches threaded in an undecided chambering
TT Diamond or one step below, adaptive maybe?
It will have Hawkins rings and likely a VX5-HD in windplex I have laying around.

Chamberings I am thinking 25 Creedmoor, 25 SST or 6.5 Creedmoor.

I will update as I get parts and as it finishes.

Has anyone seen a really cool sponge combo on Manners stocks that is a bit more girly? Teal and pink are her favorite colors.

My 11 year old girl is 5"4 and slender like her mom. So she is a taller and I would even say stronger 11 year old girl than average.

I always thought Altus Saltwater looked pretty good. This is a manners CS2 (longer forearm than the CS1).

7008E11B-7BAD-470F-BDCC-9179D1303B70.png

This one will take awhile as I have to start the back order waiting game, but this will be her first bolt gun. She already has an AR and a 10/22. This rifle will be for mule deer and cow elk. We typically shoot younger cows…they just taste so much better.

I am thinking I will order

Manners MCS-CS with a min chassis
Defiance AnTI in Remington short action
Carbon barrel 18-20 inches threaded in an undecided chambering
TT Diamond or one step below, adaptive maybe?
It will have Hawkins rings and likely a VX5-HD in windplex I have laying around.

Chamberings I am thinking 25 Creedmoor, 25 SST or 6.5 Creedmoor.

I will update as I get parts and as it finishes.

Has anyone seen a really cool sponge combo on Manners stocks that is a bit more girly? Teal and pink are her favorite colors.

My 11 year old girl is 5"4 and slender like her mom. So she is a taller and I would even say stronger 11 year old girl than average.
These are nearly the exact same components I will be using for my 11 year old girl. only I am going with a 7mm 08. and I gave up on Leupold after 3 bad ones so it will wear a March Optics. I do my own cerakoting and usually practice with a sponge on a 2x4 first to get the colors and pattern right. Good luck on your build.

These are nearly the exact same components I will be using for my 11 year old girl. only I am going with a 7mm 08. and I gave up on Leupold after 3 bad ones so it will wear a March Optics. I do my own cerakoting and usually practice with a sponge on a 2x4 first to get the colors and pattern right. Good luck on your build.
We want a thread for your daughters gun too! As for leupold scopes I have had good success so far. I need to give March a try I hear they are great.