Closest Factory Rifles to Custom?

couldn't find the weight anywhere. Wonder why they don't post it in their web site?. I agree about 8#'s

Looks like it would be pretty close to a custom rifle. Shilen Match barrel, timney trigger, Manners stock. All fist grade components.

looks like a few reviews on You Tube, speaking of you tube, you should be able to get allot of real world experience on all rifles.

Understand. I guess if I was going with a larger caliber it would be more of an issue. I've been working on a Sendero SFII 300 wm also. It has the HS Precision stock and kicks pretty good. Unfortunately the recoil pad is not removable so I'm kind of stuck with it.

Based on what you have, the Tikka is the best candidate to be converted to a custom.......Tikka actions are sweet and 90%+ of the time do not need to be trued. From there, you just need to rebarrel (at the very least) and enhanced recoil lug, then possibly add a new stock (not required though). You can easily get a 1/2 MOA rifle off a Tikka.
I have Blaser r8 in 300 wm it will do .250 Moa with hornady precision hunter 200 gr it is factory gun

Lots of things I hadn't considered so thanks to all. Fierce, Christensen, Nosler, Barrett....Lots of research and considerations....then there's caliber choice.....

I agree, chasing the perfect rifle is a never ending journey.

Slas, good news is you clearly have a ton of options! I hope everyone's recommendations helped you some.

A 10lb, scoped, "custom" production gun is clearly feasible at this point. Good luck with your search! I'm sure you'll be happy with any of the recommendations guys on the thread have provided!

I took a Savage 300 WSM and got it to shoot .5 MOA. I had the barrel
re-crowned to 11 degrees, laminate stock was added with Pillars and the action is bedded. I also reload my own ammo for my rifles. in all I have another $400.00 into the rifle, as far as the trigger goes it is the factory one (non accu-trigger) I adjusted it to 3 Lb. Other than the barrel work I did everything else myself. You can do a lot to factory gun to make it shoot like a custom.

It's your lucky day I'm not affiliated with Fierce but if you buy one in any 284 caliber or 30 caliber I will buy it if you don't like it will give you 30 days from date received feel the fierce join the nation iam that confident in Fierce rifles that you will love it Do your research look at some YouTube info give Courtney a call at fierce firearms stop by Cabela's check one out if they have one in stock

Browning Hells canyon 6.5 lbs and $1200 at Sportsman warehouse. Shoots great, usually very accurate right out of the box. Can be had with McMillan stock but price jumps up about $700.
Cooper backcountry $2800 under 6lbs with Jewell trigger, almost just bought one myself. You could add a 30oz nightforce, bipod and loaded with bullets and still be under 10 lbs.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.