Custom Rifle, Factory Ammo

bebberson

I am new to long range hunting, and my question is. Is it pointless to build a custom rifle and shoot factory ammo? I was thinking of turning my remington 700 sps chamberd in a 300wsm into a custom rifle by replacing the barrel with a Lilja barrel and replacing the stock just to start with.

Pointless ?? not by any means , may not be the most effeceint way to get the most out of your rig but most of the time it'll still shoot better than the factory tube.
My new 308 was built with the idea that it will have to shoot factroy ammo as accurate as possible as handloads are not allow in police work or at least not where I'm at so I have the chamber cut so that it will get the most out of the factroy match ammo. I still plan to handload for it for shooting in matches and such but when it gets called on to make shots that realy count then factory ammo getts used. You just need to find what factory load it likes the best.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.