New custom factory rifle

ohiohunter

A friend asked me about a new rifle for his elk hunt, immediately I suggest a favorite among most, the 300wm. Here is the run down. He'll be shooting factory ammo and has a decent budget of 3-4k. Off the top of my head I suggested the Christensen Ridgeline, the Seekins Havak, or Montana X2. Any experience w/ the above or any suggestions appreciated. I'll probably suggest a leupold of some sort to top it off with.

I don't own any of those listed, but with that size of a budget, why not go the custom route and have it built to your specs and not settle for something you may wish was different? I own an Alliance Custom Armory 28 Nosler I had built to my specs and I can tell you, I will never go back to a factory rifle again. Everyone should have a Custom rifle built at least once, when you do, you will never go back to factory style rifles.

I have a ridgeline in 30 nosler, 3-15 whiskey 5, I've only done barrel break-in, but shot under moa doing that.

3-4K including optics. I Don't think there is any need to go full custom for a guy who will shoot/hunt with this rifle every once in awhile. 1/2" would be superb accuracy, he doesn't reload and probably never will which we all know will hardly do a custom justice.

I like the looks and specs of the havak, but I also see tremendous value in the Christensen line. Cooper and Montana aren in mind, please share the good bad and ugly. I'm not a big fan of Dbm's.

Both my Christensens shoot well. Have a Montana x2 in 25-06 that shoots under moa with factory ammo. Also have a nosler trophy grade 300 wsm that shoots great with hsm factory ammo. I have not shot a havak but handled one at SHOT, they're nice rifles, however I liked the Mcmillan and Manners stock options vs their current in-house design.

Highdrum, thanks for the response. can you give some more details about your Christensens?

Well, I paid $4882.00 for my Custom built 28N and that included a Vortex 6x24 50mm PST Gen I, that is just 882.00 more than the 3-4k you list. That is one reason I mentioned custom.

My only experience is with the x2. Mine had to go back and still didn't shoot. Took it to a local Smith that found the issue and it now shoots well. Mrc handled the repair issue very poorly.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.