Semi-custom factory rifles?

I Or, am I better off just sending a stock and barreled action off to someone like Hart or Pac-Nor?

Best Regards,
Sid

It depends on what you want. A true custom rifle will give you more options on the specs you want.

As for Cooper, IMHO they are the best rifle for the money period. They guarantee 1/2 MOA for about a $1000 less than HS Precision. They provide a 3 shot test target shot with their handloads (they also provide the load data) shot from sandbags @ 42 yds. Most of the ones I've seen appear to be one bullet hole. They have an aluminum bedded B&C stock. And you can get them *customized* to a degree, length of bbl, fluted or round, stainless or blued, engraving etc. They are a custom quality rifle for a production rifle price.

I plan to eventually get a custom done, but my next rifle will be a Cooper 270 win.

I have been doing some more surfing. Patriot Arms is tempting. I have one of their sniper rifles and it's a true work of art. I would be out the cost of an action and maybe another $200 over the Cooper but, as mentioned it would be a true custom to my specs. Dang, this stuff is getting hard on my wallet's fun money ... :)

I probably will never own a true custom, but maybe one day a Cooper, I hope. I've handled and fired several belonging to a friend. I would kill for his .222 Remington rifle. Maybe Dan would let me sweep the floors. I live close by to his shop. LOL mtmuley

iam sitting at what seams to be the same way should i buy a new rifle (plan B) or (plan A) build my own (by a gun smith) got a 721 rem .06 allready did triger job that was a great move on my part looking at new stock bell and carlson alaska II from what ive seen sofar with it does 1 1/2" to 2" moa at 100 y I DONT THINK THAT VARY GOOD still trying difrent ammo the barrle is free floating all the way to the recever think i will try piller beeding it and see what happens if eny one has advice I would realy like some help if I go new going to pull scope off and put a 2X7 on it use core lock 185 gr boat nose and make brush blaster out of it

I would recomend taking a factory rifle and either rebarreling or find a factory 280 and rechamber. I've been very lucky with semi-custom rifles and you will end up with an end product that has more personal influences that you can be proud of.
good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts