Closest Factory Rifles to Custom?

Read a recent article on top rated lightweight rifles. They're list was:
Proof Research Summit
Christensen Arms
Kimber Mountain Accent

I'm still working on the handload for my Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5x284 but preliminary results show it should be around .5 MOA or less and it's 6.5 pounds before optics.

I'm shooting .5 MOA with factory Nosler cartidges out of my Ridgeline, you should expect at least that...

Cz 550 Sonoran looks interesting. Little pricy though. Manners carbon fiber stock, fluted #4 contour barrels on the magnums.

Cz 550 Sonoran looks interesting. Little pricy though. Manners carbon fiber stock, fluted #4 contour barrels on the magnums.

Wow that's a nice rifle

1D01772C-F22E-4C42-9D78-837D1C60F46B.png

For anyone looking for one kygun has the Sonoran 30-06 on sale half price for 1330

The Proof Research Summit sure looks nice but at the price you could build to your personal specs.

I think you'd be hard pressed to do better in a factory rifle than the Seekins Havak.
Wouldn't the seekins havoc be a custom? It's a Stiller predator action with a Mcmillan stock. When does it move labels from custom to factory?

They are very nice rifles though at a great price! Great example.

The Havak action is a Seekins in house built action. It's a lot different than a Stiller even though it's similar to a Rem 700 footprint. A couple main differences are the integrated recoil lug and the four locking lugs and configuration on the bolt.

The Havak is a fantastic rifle at a fantastic price. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a sub $2000 long range hunting rifle.

Coopers are great. Have 1/2" guarantee and they do honor it. Sent one back they re-barreled gun no problem free of charge

But spendy. $23-2600 anyway. Getting close to custom rifle prices

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.