Chambered barrel

VjjR

Is it possible to buy a barrel from a custom barrel manufacturer that is ready to go all I would have to do is twist it on and head space it? I might be a little confused. I seem to think I can simply order a barrel for say a savage 11 or a 700 bdl and install it and go no go gauge it and its ready to go. Is this possible or would I have to have a gunsmith fit it to this specific gun no matter what.

Only with a Savage. You do need go and no go guages. Pretty much a straight forward technique.

Not just Savage ! I use BERGARA bbls for my remington 700 projects, have built several and all are tack drivers. I use the varmint contour S.S. 1-10 twist 26" bbls. and I lap lugs,true recoil lug,and chase reciever thds. after removing bbl. I have a .300 win mag bbl (new/in box) left over, will sell for $300.00 shipped if you'r interested.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.