Barrel chambering training

UCzO___

A year or so ago I ran across a site that said you could pay the smith to assist you in chambering your own barrel. I can't find the site anymore. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

TIA

THAT's the one I was looking for. Not that it is better or worse than Gordy, but this is the one that got me thinking of doing this. Thanks!
I took the 2 day chambering class by Bob. He's a pure delight with a heightened sense of humor. He knows his stuff. Really nice and new South Bend lathe. I was the first to use it in a class.

You need to provide the blank, reamer, and range rod/bushings. Get a reamer on order now.

Last edited:
I took the 2 day chambering class by Bob. He's a pure delight with a heightened sense of humor. He knows his stuff. Really nice and new South Bend lathe. I was the first to use it in a class.

You need to provide the blank, reamer, and range rod/bushings. Get a reamer on order now.

Did he teach chambering between centers or through the headstock?

Did he teach chambering between centers or through the headstock?
25-30 thou at a time. Roll pins!
IMG_8434.jpeg

A year or so ago I ran across a site that said you could pay the smith to assist you in chambering your own barrel. I can't find the site anymore. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

TIA
We have known Bob Pastor - "The Viper" for years. He has won countless "F" Class Matches.
Bob Retired and sold his business in 2022. He then wanted to continue to "TEACH". Bob went and bought new equipment. Lathe and Mill for $$$$$$$. Top of the line.
He teaches Chambering at his Shop for almost nothing $$.
If you are looking into Chambering barrels look him up.
Brad - Gingerman on LRH recently spent a few days with "The Viper" and chambered a barrel for himself.