Barrel chambering training

@Coyote Shadow Tracker gets the right of first refusal. Otherwise, they are available to rest of you guys. I have these 10 barrel drops y'all can have to train on metal cutting.

I have another 20 to finish for our juniors. They are all SS Shilen SM 7.5T Ratchet, just like ones in the picture. Send me a PM or email [email protected] if y'all have any need for the drops from these. It might be till after summer before I will start on them.

Picture of almost finished AR15 barrels, 10 are for the kids, one is mine, a Bartlein.

View attachment 554940View attachment 554941
Nez
I was just thinking of you and some barrels.
Hope that you and the family are doing well.
Thanks much for the offer.
If I knew you were doing a run on barrels I would have had you pick up an extra Bart and finish for me & Jill. We just picked up another .223 Clymer Reamer from another LRH member to use for training. We have another young man from the area that we are going to pay to do some work around the shop and then mentor on chambering and reloading. We could use some of the drop offs and if other members want some we can split them up.
Just let us know if other member contact you.

Thanks and God Bless
Len & Jill

Nez
I was just thinking of you and some barrels.
Hope that you and the family are doing well.
Thanks much for the offer.
If I knew you were doing a run on barrels I would have had you pick up an extra Bart and finish for me & Jill. We just picked up another .223 Clymer Reamer from another LRH member to use for training. We have another young man from the area that we are going to pay to do some work around the shop and then mentor on chambering and reloading. We could use some of the drop offs and if other members want some we can split them up.
Just let us know if other member contact you.

Thanks and God Bless
Len & Jill

They are yours. Will box these up and send them your way. I'll let you know next time I'll order more barrels from Bartlein.

The others who may want drops, I'll post when I get started on the next 20 barrels for the kids.

I just bought my first lathe and might be interested in some of these. I do have a corner full of junk barrels I can practice on, however. Still getting the lathe wired in and collecting necessary tooling. Lucked out and got a 14x40 south bend turnado tool room lathe from an Amarillo college auction.

If you can use some right now, work it out with Len. If your lathe is not ready yet, you can have the next batch of drops.

They are yours. Will box these up and send them your way. I'll let you know next time I'll order more barrels from Bartlein.

The others who may want drops, I'll post when I get started on the next 20 barrels for the kids.
Nez thanks much. PM me with the shipping cost.
Let me know when you put another barrel order in are having them treated?
I will be getting with John over at WO for another upper.
Len

I just bought my first lathe and might be interested in some of these. I do have a corner full of junk barrels I can practice on, however. Still getting the lathe wired in and collecting necessary tooling. Lucked out and got a 14x40 south bend turnado tool room lathe from an Amarillo college auction.
Wow that is one heck of a Lathe if it is the model I am thinking of. Let us know if we can help you out in any way getting it set up and getting tooling.
Len & Jill

I am heading back to Vipers in late Sept and he us going to let me work on cutting the tenon and threading. I was going to buy a blank straight barrel and cut one; part it off and cut another until I am comfortable. Then I asked about just getting a bar of aluminum instead, $50 vs $300. If you have some end of the summer, I would be interested.

Wow that is one heck of a Lathe if it is the model I am thinking of. Let us know if we can help you out in any way getting it set up and getting tooling.
Len & Jill
Thank you Len! It is what you're thinking of. Friend of mine sent me the auction, apparently no one else knew about it. Being from a junior college machine shop, it looks brand new. Working on getting it wired in, it's variable speed and was originally 460 3 phase, but it appears the college changed it to 240 volt. Will send you a pm when I can get to it!

Thank you Len! It is what you're thinking of. Friend of mine sent me the auction, apparently no one else knew about it. Being from a junior college machine shop, it looks brand new. Working on getting it wired in, it's variable speed and was originally 460 3 phase, but it appears the college changed it to 240 volt. Will send you a pm when I can get to it!

There may be some drops in those 5 gallon buckets I stored in the backyard. Will check when the weather clears out

I am heading back to Vipers in late Sept and he us going to let me work on cutting the tenon and threading. I was going to buy a blank straight barrel and cut one; part it off and cut another until I am comfortable. Then I asked about just getting a bar of aluminum instead, $50 vs $300. If you have some end of the summer, I would be interested.
Tom if you go to Bobs' before Nez has any other Drops let me know and I'll ship a few. Since you will be doing just the Tenon & Threading we have some non drilled/rifled barrels we got from a barrel manufacture that we can ship to Bob's before you get there.
Just give us a call.
Len & Jill

The SB 14x40 Tool Room Lathe came in 220V 3 phase with an inverter or 440v 3 phase with inverter. They also came with FAGOR DRO.
They are $20k ++++ and great Lathes for GS. I am sure you go a good deal and almost new condition from a collage. They almost give used equipment away depending on how old and buy new stuff.
If you need any help on setting it up and getting tooling for it PM us.
Post us some pics!
Thanks
Len & Jill

Tom if you go to Bobs' before Nez has any other Drops let me know and I'll ship a few. Since you will be doing just the Tenon & Threading we have some non drilled/rifled barrels we got from a barrel manufacture that we can ship to Bob's before you get there.
Just give us a call.
Len & Jill
Thanks Len. That would be great. I will let you know.

The SB 14x40 Tool Room Lathe came in 220V 3 phase with an inverter or 440v 3 phase with inverter. They also came with FAGOR DRO.
They are $20k ++++ and great Lathes for GS. I am sure you go a good deal and almost new condition from a collage. They almost give used equipment away depending on how old and buy new stuff.
If you need any help on setting it up and getting tooling for it PM us.
Post us some pics!
Thanks
Len & Jill
Here it is set in my business partners shop! Of course the pan and shields are still removed from transport. Can't wait to get it turning!
1710729490340.jpeg