Bullet for elk hunting.

Hey everyone got a elk hunt coming up soon and trying to figure out the best bullet for it. I prefer to buy from small businesses. Rifle is a 308 win with a 24" barrel. What do you guys recommend?
Thanks!
I used Berger EOL's, 156 grain in my 6.5 PRC last summer in S. Africa. One shot kill on a Zebra at 350 yards, dropped a giant Eland at 280 yards which required a finishing shot when I got up to it and a Large Kudu at 90 yards which also dropped in its tracks.

Considering the very low muzzle velocity, if wanting to push to 400 + you might want to look into an accubond long range or eldX. Both should expand and perform well, carrying maximum energy with the lower velocities of the 308.

It's Idaho so I can run whatever I want. Only lead free I've used is Barnes. Usually hunt with partitions or core lokts. Unfortunately bullets can be hard to find so I'm looking at different options. Thought this might be a good place to ask. I appreciate your help I'll have to check out the bullets you listed and the ones above listed.
I would avoid Core Lokts because they are only effective at short range with in 175 yards. Great brush bullet. If you don't strike bone and slip one between the ribs at longer distance's you run the risk of penciling game and tracking for days. Fliers are very common with soft points in my personal experience's.

My first two bowls I shot with a 308. Not sure what type bullet was but they had a silver tip. I would go at least 180s and something that's going to hold together. When I first started hunting out Colorado that's the biggest rifle I had. The only shells I had for it or Remington core locks 150. The first boy I shot with that I hit him six times starting at 50 yards and he just walked about a 120 before he fell. The second year it was two shots with the 180 grain. Then I went to a 300 win mag 180 grain accubond. 150 grain core locks didn't even make it inside the rib cage it looked like fine shot just under the hide.
Core Lokts in .264 WM out to 175 yards leave exit Hole's in Elk big enough to fit my fist through broadside but beyond 200 they pencil if they slip between the ribs. I've heard in .308 they grenade. I'm moving on.