Affordable High Quality Bino's

You may be interested in the Promaster infinity elite's. They are ED glass and very good, not quite as good as my alphas but very good. I got mine for $350. Hawke's and Zen Ray's are all very similiar I here and they are approx the same cost, all Chinese made but very very clear to look through.
Brad

Not to contradict an earlier comment, but I think the Cabelas "Euros" are actually produced by Meopta. I haven't picked up a pair of the binoculars but the rifle scopes and spotting scopes are very good for the price. I have one of the Meopta spotting scopes and am very satisfied for what I paid.
As a reference, I have Swaros and Ziess binocs and Kahles, and Premier Reticle rifle scopes but find the Meoptas very acceptable.

Hope this helps.

I know that nobody has mentioned these, and they fly well below the radar but I have a pair of Minolta 8 x 42 wp's and they compare very well to Leica's for considerably less price.

I have those for 90% of my hunting, but bought a pair of Swaro 10x for hunting out West.

i will stay with my 10 X42 Pentex the price is in the middle of the road i think i paid 400.00 for them a few years back. i love them not to heavy or bulky but i can count the points on a buck 400-500 yards.
and they are great at low light conditions. i use them out west and here in Indiana. And out west is where you separate the toys. If you are planning on going out west hunting. save your money and buy the best possible that you can afford. and the saying is true you will get what you pay for. no matter how you stack it up. all bino's have their flaws or maybe preferences but still in the end cheap is cheap. quality is quality.
In Indaiana you can get by with cheap because 4 or 500 yards is along way very long. but when the sky get open like out west that is when reality will set in.

Totally agree with Pressman.

You spend a whole lot more time looking through your binoculars than you do actually sighting in on your game. When you spend hour after hour simply searching with your glasses, you will learn the difference between "acceptable" and "good".

In those instances "acceptable "quickly becomes a liability as your eyes will get tired and you simply won't see everything that's there. Always get the best glass you can possibly afford. You will never regret it.

One more binocular to think about if you happen to run into a pair are the Brunton "Epochs". Bruntons are made in Wyoming and the "Epoch" model is their top of the line. These are extremely nice for the money.

Has anyone tried the Russian military bino's that's been selling on snipershide or Ebay? The one's off the "Hide" were getting great reviews.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts