only high dollar optics are quality???

:D
One upmanship dominates the American retail scene. Good for manufacturers though.

Reminds me of the guy in the subdivision that has a haf acre to mow but needs a 4 wheel drive diesel tractor with a front end loader and a belly mower when a push mower would have been just fine.....

I sometimes wonder how males justify that stuff to their wives???

Justifiy ????? What do you mean, I am certainly a MALE (with a pair)and though I am happily married I do not justify spending money on this sort of stuff !!!
I just figure it is better to ask for forgivness than to beg for permission!! :D

:D

Justifiy ????? What do you mean, I am certainly a MALE (with a pair)and though I am happily married I do not justify spending money on this sort of stuff !!!
I just figure it is better to ask for forgivness than to beg for permission!! :D

Your's is a single case though. Ive seen households where if hubby out of a clear blue sky came in with a $2000 plus rifle scope.....he'd be sleeping with it a few nights in the back seat of his car!

Your's is a single case though. Ive seen households where if hubby out of a clear blue sky came in with a $2000 plus rifle scope.....he'd be sleeping with it a few nights in the back seat of his car!

Well I have never realy had any issues with my wife and my spe. nding money on my shooting hobby . You see she feels as long as I am taking care of my household responsibilities and having a little fun its ok. This long range target shooting is actually cheap compaired to other hobbies I have had in the past(tournament bass fishing,enduro racing) and as my ol lady says " better him setting at a shooting bench than a bar"

Well I have never realy had any issues with my wife and my spe. nding money on my shooting hobby . You see she feels as long as I am taking care of my household responsibilities and having a little fun its ok. This long range target shooting is actually cheap compaired to other hobbies I have had in the past(tournament bass fishing,enduro racing) and as my ol lady says " better him setting at a shooting bench than a bar"

Once again....your a singular case. Ive seen some that "she" wanted every nickle there was in the game. When asked why "they" didnt get rid of "that bitch"....normally the reply was it was more trouble that it was worth.

Not married here, but I do know ALL about the expensive hobbies. I fish bass tournaments, used to shoot ASA, IBO, and BHA archery tournaments, always been into hunting and fishing, trucks, hotrods, harleys, raced moto-x for 9 years, mud trucks, etc....

Now all I do is pretty much hunting, fishing, bass tournaments and shooting. The rest i've either outgrown or lost interest in.

Once again....your a singular case. Ive seen some that "she" wanted every nickle there was in the game. When asked why "they" didnt get rid of "that bitch"....normally the reply was it was more trouble that it was worth.
1 hyphanted word........Pre-Nup. :cool:

I will NEVER get married without one.

1 hyphanted word........Pre-Nup. :cool:

As the very proud son of a dirt farmer, I didn't have anything but dreams when I got married so that hyphenated word was not a consideration.

In summary, to each his own, and good for you(or me) if you can afford things some others can't. Don't judge, just be happy that for the time being we have alot of people with the same interests in the shooting sport. It seams like every generation our numbers shrink.

As the very proud son of a dirt farmer, I didn't have anything but dreams when I got married so that hyphenated word was not a consideration.

In summary, to each his own, and good for you(or me) if you can afford things some others can't. Don't judge, just be happy that for the time being we have alot of people with the same interests in the shooting sport. It seams like every generation our numbers shrink.
I agree with everything you said, except one thing....I can't necessarily afford the things I have, but I have good credit. :D

Not all my guns are anywhere near high-dollar setups. I don't own 1 single NF or Swaro scope. I've never paid over $1000 for a piece of glass in my life. Don't mean I wish I couldn't. Don't mean I don't have good stuff (for me).

However, my guns, and other toys are in a sense, like my kids (if I had any). I work hard for them, they're mine, I paid for them, and I don't want someone else taking them away from me, or getting their grubby hands on them and selling them b/c they want to spite me. Maybe that is a better example of why I think pre-nups are good ideas. It not only benefits me, it benefits her. I'm sure she has items that she doesn't ever want to have to sell either, so a pre-nup is beneficial to both involved. Atleast, that's how I feel about it.

And also, there is the rare chance these days, that you meet the right woman. Settle down, stay happily married the rest of your life. In which case, the pre-nup was pointless, but it's always good to have that peace of mine.

I did. And dont regret for a second. Been married 29 years now and I got married when I was 33. I did a hell of a lot of shopping between age 19 and 33 lets me tell ya....:D

I could EASILY afford the most $$ glass.....but I refuse to! They wont help my shooting 1 iota or I would have them on all my rifles. Id rather spend my $$ on a fully customized rifle previously owned by..say....Jack O'Conner....that has traveled the world and HAS brought down some big game that I could use on "safari".....but poor health prevents me from ever doing at this point in life.

The answer and sum total is Buy the best you can afford and USE IT....and dont look back

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.