High Quality Binoculars

You ever going to actually do it or you just going to die of old age thinking about it? :D

My house is on the market and if it ever sells I'll be there in a heartbeat!! Already got the land.
icon10.gif

Last edited:
If you get out there in time you can pick up antelope doe tags at Rocky Mountain Discount Sports. I will go to my old story of the Poison Spider Antelope hunt and a post a map of my shooting spot. It is possible to shoot for nearly a mile down the pipeline there. It is a nice place to shoot and public land. The wind is tricky because it comes around the far side of the ridge at high speed and you can not see it nor measure it. I missed three or four shoots before I figured it out. Take a cooler and a chair and just sit there all day until you get the conditions you wish and then take a shot. The game warden will come along and talk to you so make sure you are legal.

Leica's

When I was at the Harrisburg outdoor show to buy a pair of of Swar. EL's there were 3 sheep outfitters that came over to Alex's booth to trade in their EL's on the Ultravids. Alex said what did I tell you on the phone! Even though the EL's could be had for less (a few years ago) and went there to specifically buy the EL's I left with the Leica Ultravids 10x42 and haven't regretted a thing.
If you want to see a good glass look thru the Pentax's SPD (I think). But like the other's have said the COLOR is what makes a big difference, go with Leica's a little brighter than the Swaro. IMHO. Spend once done for life.

hi guys
new to LRH
Ive had my Swaro 7x42 slc for 12 years and everytime i look through them i still think WOW these are awsome.
i sent them back for a service after 10 years and they replaced everything on them including the outer rubber,eyecups,focus wheel & strap FREE OF CHARGE
with this type of service you cant go wrong.

roe buck

I don't own a pair but have used some Kowa's which really impressed me - even tested side by side with some high end stuff. I don't recall the model - but as I recall it was around a 10X42 - there are several different models (quality?) in the range I think.

Don't know if others have opinions on the Kowas.

I've compared them with Swaro - thought they were similar.

I have found Leicas I've used the pick of the bunch if $ is not a deterrent!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts