6.5 creedmoor is hard to find :/

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by dieselgeek, Sep 27, 2011.

1. dieselgeek

dieselgeek Well-Known Member

Midway just got some 140s in, but I'm having a hard time finding anyone else. MJ tactical showed 20 boxes in stock. I went to order all 20... They email 2 days after charging my card showing it's out of stock. gun)

One one know of a good place that stocks them for a good price?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. kc

kc Well-Known Member

Check with CREEDMOOR INT. They are the people who should have the brass.
    next call SINCLIAR INTERNATINAL.

3. dieselgeek

dieselgeek Well-Known Member

Looking for loaded ammo.

4. kc

kc Well-Known Member

Do they have it?

5. hatfield954

hatfield954 Well-Known Member

cheaper than dirt has those in hornady brand but they are 120s, ableammo.com has the 140s

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  6. James H

James H Well-Known Member

7. kc

kc Well-Known Member

If you have to call HORNADAY.

8. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

I just ordered a new rifle in 260 Remington. Decided against a 6.5 Creedmore because of the lack of brass availability. I know a few other guys that did the same.

9. LouBoyd

LouBoyd Well-Known Member

I take a different approach. I own a 6.5 Creedmoor for i's long range accuracy and low wind deflection. I have all the brass and ammo I need because I order when it's available from distributors instead of when I run out.

10. Greyfox

Greyfox Well-Known Member

I am very intrigued by the Creedmore, and thought long and hard before making a decision, but in addition to limited brass options, I coulnt see enough ballistic difference to the 260 if you handloaded, which I do almost exclusively. Also, I like Lapua brass which is readily available for the 260. Accuracy potential of the two are said to be equivalent. I'll see how that goes. The Creedmore factory ammo does provide better performance compared to the 260 factory ammo. I understand that was a primary objective of the cartridge. I plan on using the 260 primarily for targets, I use a 6.5x284 for hunting.