Hard to believe

Greg Duerr

I own a CZ 527 chambered for the .17 Remington. Ive been shooting a 32gr bullet from Reed's ammunition. Its a Re-batted boat-tail Hollow point, with a BC of .301. I started out shooting H4895 and got accuracy that should only be seen in Custom Rifles. Groups in the .3's
I switched two weeks ago to H414 with the hopes of getting more velocity. H4895 was giving me an average of 3640 FPS. Two load gave me over the top accuracy 26.0 and 26.2. Three shot groups of .221 and .219 Velocity for the 26.0 gr load averaged 3682, where the 26.2 averaged 3771
For those who have reloaded for the 17 Remington a load change of just 2/10 of a grain can make that much of a difference.
Sometimes its just hard to believe that you can get accuracy from a $650 Rifle that rivals the accuracy from a $3000 one.
I have a CZ 527 in the 17 Hornet that with a load of 12.5gr of VV 120 and a 20gr Nosler HP gets me right at .5 and under.
Kind of makes me want to buy a CZ 527 in the 6.5 Grendal.......................just to see.

The Grendel shines in a bolt-action platform, like the CZ 527, but my personal opinion is that it would really shine with a 20" heavy barrel. Unfortunately, CZ does not offer them with a heavy barrel in 6.5G. But, you could get it and shoot it as-is, and then later on have it rebarelled to a heavy barrel.

The Grendel shines in a bolt-action platform, like the CZ 527, but my personal opinion is that it would really shine with a 20" heavy barrel. Unfortunately, CZ does not offer them with a heavy barrel in 6.5G. But, you could get it and shoot it as-is, and then later on have it rebarelled to a heavy barrel.

Yes my CZ 527 17 Remington has a 24" Heavy Varmint barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.