Help with finding rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor

Thanks outlaw. I do believe that what u say is true about the rifle being as good as the optic. Ive heard good things about the weaver but idk about it. Im also thinking about a leupold with the cds system.

What will you be doing with the rifle? I know, shooting it. But what will you be shooting at??
Targets, deer, predators?
What distances will you be shooting at.

Of course my reccomendation is a Ruger m77 Hawkeye or VT model. But that's just me.

What will you be doing with the rifle? I know, shooting it. But what will you be shooting at??
Targets, deer, predators?
What distances will you be shooting at.

Of course my reccomendation is a Ruger m77 Hawkeye or VT model. But that's just me.

ill be shooting whatever walks in front of me. anything from woodchucks to bear. common shot for me are around 250 yards. i live in NH so long shots are rare. but occasionally you can shoot out to 500 or 600 yards. also plan to punch some paper with it.

When the rivers freeze up here I'll be able to do some up to 600yard shooting. . Longest I shoot mine at right now is 330 yards. I've got a couple 2+ inch groups with mine. Bit I'm a pretty sucky target shooter. And I'm still trying to figure out which of the BDC circles for what range.

My next practice will be from my shooting sticks.

When the rivers freeze up here I'll be able to do some up to 600yard shooting. . Longest I shoot mine at right now is 330 yards. I've got a couple 2+ inch groups with mine. Bit I'm a pretty sucky target shooter. And I'm still trying to figure out which of the BDC circles for what range.

My next practice will be from my shooting sticks.

When the ice freezes around here i could easily shoot out to 1500 yards. I live on the Connecticut River. I regularly take woodchucks out at 300 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.