The waiting game is hard

Erik Kiser

How do y'all endure the months of waiting for components. Just ordered my new action last week and a stock this week. Sounds like it'll be May when it all gets here. I like instant gratification so this sucks :)

Im often gulity of over paying. I only by stuff that i can buy with out waiting. I will run any barrell. I have kreigers,shilen,bartlein,rock creek , and brux. I buy lots of bartleins and kriegers because their easy to find in stock. Actions io go with stiller and i have gunsmith true up rem 700s. Stocks you can always find a mcrees,mcmillian,manners,or a HS in stock some were. I quess im to impatenet to wait so i usally will pay more for something i want built quickly. Have even been know to bribe a gunsmith to push my gun ahead of others!:D

I was gonna go with a Benchmark or a Brux on this one but Benchmark didn't answer the phone for two straight days and then a Krieger popped up on here that was the contour, length, and twist I wanted so I jumped on it. This will be my first build with a custom action and I'm pretty excited about it. I wanted a Defiance Deviant and I called Manners and ordered the stock I want, going with a single shot so its not one you see in stock, plus I'm going with clear finished carbon. Normally I'm just like you but on this one I really bit the bullet and gonna build the rifle I've been wanting for awhile

I have a friend i shoot with that has a Defiance action in a mcmillian stock! Its a Rebel i think. Shoots very good. Doesnt Defiance have a remington footprint? Seems like our gunsmith inletted th mcmillian just slightly to fit the Defiance Rebel action. I remember it was a rem 700 action he got from third generation about a year ago. I Once had to wait a short while on a Lee six stock to be inletted for a Stolle Panda action i bought, you are correct the waiting sux!!!:D But you will enjoy the gun my friend loves his Rebel.gun)

As I understand it they do have a footprint very similar to the Model 700 but any stock you find at a site like Stocky's, Bullets.com, etc will be inletted for some type of magazine. I want a true single shot done in carbon fiber on this one. I did just buy a T2 for my 338 Edge from Stocky's about a month ago, took it out and shot it one time and sold it to finance this build. I'm pretty excited about it, just have to wait till May to do it.

How do y'all endure the months of waiting for components. Just ordered my new action last week and a stock this week. Sounds like it'll be May when it all gets here. I like instant gratification so this sucks :)

HAHA just wait until it comes, after you have wait months years maybe for you build to be done. The whole time growing as a shooter and reevaluating what you need or want. When it finally is all done your just going to sell it :D

I think this one is gonna stick around. Depending on what happens in the bullet market with a good 375 bullet I may rebarrel down the road but for now it'll be a 338 Lapua Imp. Probably a 40 degree

been waiting 6 months for a Hart Barrel. I got another 6 to go. and that was after saving money for 3 years!! yep, if you want to do it right, have to wait. going to be another 3 years on the Nightforce scope because of money. then they will cost another $200! ahhhhh!

I have a weekly calendar reminder to let me know how many weeks I have waited...Just to make me crazy

I have only been waiting for a couple weeks now, and its still a killer. I lucked out and found a kreiger 7mm barrel in stock. I wanted a 6.5 but none to be had till a 11 to 15 month wait from kreiger, shilen,, and hart, and no 7mm now either. I just picked up a 270 rem. 700 this morning and am still looking for a 6.5 barrel. for another build. maybe the wait has already drove me nutts. building another rifle and have not even seen the first one yet . but will have a 280 AI in a month and a 6.5-284 as soon as I can find a barrel and my gunsmith can get it done.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.