Is Bartlein worth the wait?

I have a Bartlein 5r on one of my 30/375 S.I.'s. It is a very good shooting barrel. The Bartlein guys are relatively new and I think the owner previously worked for Krieger? They are up and comers and win a lot of matches. One good thing about Bartlein is that they will build anything you want including progressive twist. That said, I have used Lilja and Krieger which I feel are equally good........Rich

Most of the top barrel makers have a 12 week + waiting period and you just have to wait.

There are other good barrels that may be available with little or no wait. I have had excellent
results
with the Shillen Select Match barrels and you can get them from Brownells in less than 2
weeks if they are in stock in the caliber you want.

I use Lilja as My Primary barrel maker and have not found any barrel that will out perform
them but when someone wants a rifle quick I try to find in stock barrels that meet the select
match criteria and have been well pleased with them.

I however do not recomend buying any other grade of barrel for cost savings and speed of
delivery.

You get what you pay for.

J E CUSTOM

+1! I too am a big Lilja barrel fan.

Benchmark currently have 3-4 week wait ...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f37/short-lead-time-benchmark-barrels-103202/#post728609

Sounds like you are building a hunting rifle not a bench rest gun. I have purchased from Bugholes as well, no problem. I have a Rock Creek on a 338 edge MTU contour, Krieger #4 on a 300wsm, and just bought a Lilja #3 for my 264 wm. I like them all and they all shoot good. I think if you can find one in stock from the major players and/or from a distributor you will be happy. All of these barrels shoot better than 1/2 MOA.

I personally have three Bartleins and two Kriegers on my rifles. All of them are excellent barrels. But I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Benchmark and will be trying out a rifle with one of these barrels very soon. I'm looking forward to it.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.