338 EDGE

I also shoot a 338 but it is on a378web case,it shoots the mk the same way your gun does. I have it on a bench gun and use it for hunting in Pa. Just wondered how it is calling shots with the muzzle break on. I thought it would put out a flash for the guy watching? I have a Bat 10.5 in action and a kreiger 36in barrel also nxs 8-32 it iot shoots my 7-300 all the time

Bob,

Most of the rifles I build do not go over 15 lbs or so. My personel EDGE is 15.0, no break, no fluting, etc. It is very difficult to call shots consistantly. It shoots very well but after season is over I will flute and test, and break and test. The EDGE with a good break is fairly easy to call a shot past 300 or so on 22x from the NXS, not to mention just being more fun to shoot. Leaving for camp tommorrow, keep you posted.

I have a break on my edge and can see the hits at 300+ yds about 98% of the time. I shot 1467 yds. and could ever shot hit the target. (a 18" rock) All i can say is the break makes the gun fun to shot. I have shot 50+ rounds in a day and had no sorness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ANY EDGE OWNERS HAVING ANY LUCK HUNTING WITH THERE EDGE I TRIED? RANGED THE DEER AT 996 YDS SET THE SCOPE AT 23.25 MOA. AND MIST BY 10 FEET OVER THE DEER. TOOK A LOOK AT THE SETTING AND HAD NOT ZEROED IT FROM THE SHOT BEFORE THAT WAS A 500 YDS SIGHT IN SHOT. LIVE AND LEARN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So I am guessing we'll be sending the NXS back for a zero stop? Funny the things that can go wrong in the field that never happen at the range. Good luck with the rest of season.

Hello,

Have not seen anyone post on the "EDGE" lately, I was just wondering how all of you are liking your rifles and recent experiences with them?

Also just as a heads up to all of you interested in the 338/300 ultra; I went to order my Redding dies for my new model 70 based "Edge" and Redding quoted me a sixteen week build time on them.

Thanks,
lv2hunt

LV2HUNT,

You can use the 338 Ultra dies to reload for the Edge. If you find that they don't quite size the case far enough ( this happened to one customer, but I suspect some creative handloading was to blame ) you can get a FL die for a 375 Ultra to size the body only. If you use 338 Ultra dies be sure the sizing button is tapered enough to properly expand from 30 to 338.

The 375 case body is the same as the 7 or 300 UM. I have used the 375 to size the body and the 338 Ultra Neck die to size the neck and bump the shoulder.

Will the 338 Edge work on a regular long action Rem 700? I've been looking at a 338RUM but you have my interest stired up now.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.