Defensive edge built 338 edge
28" pac-nor #7 contour barrel
H&S precision stock
DE brake & recoil lug
Wyatts extended mag box
Angle cosine indicator
Ken Farrell 30 moa base & rings
Nightforce 5.5-22

This gun will shoot sub 1 inch groups at 300 yards. The gun is a pleasure to shoot as the brake lets me watch all my hits over 300 yards. Shawn builds a great rifle.
My load is
375 rum brass
94 grs. h-1000
cci 250 primer
300 gr. sierra oal. 3.775 @2850 fps

On a factory chambered 300 RUM, it may be possible but I have never seen a custom chamber that would allow a 375 RUM to be necked down to 300 RUM without turning some off the necks.

Remember the 338 is dang near perfectly half way between the 308 and 375 so either case will work equally fine.

I have seen in some instances where necking down resulted in truer virgin brass neck run outs. Greatly depends on the die used to do the forming but either way the 375 will work well.

If you have a tight necked Edge made from someone else, be careful on the neck diameter. For that matter, always check loaded neck diameter before shooting any load to make sure it has the proper clearance to the chamber neck.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.