Who Has Purchased Dies, Then Purchased a Rifle For Them?

Many years ago I set up a large seal container box. I have almost all die for every caliber or case size. I don't have some of the new ones, but that's okay too. I also have lead casting die for making bullets and the items to set them up. All for a rainy day. Their dies I never use, but may have to load for somebody elses rifle.
I do order out die and other item for a rifle that I am going get or have built. Now day you almost have to plan ahead on item to shoot from that new rifle, shotgun, or pistol. I have had a year to get some items on order and recieve too.

YEP.
Sold a 7RM many years ago, l was never a fan. (30 cal guy)
A couple years ago I found a Tikka 7RM and got it only because I had dies and brass.
I have a Tikka 7RM 4 sale. 🤣🤓👍
Dies and Brass included.

Last edited:
My wife has learned long ago that I like deals. So if I see a good deal on something that I may eventually use or sell in the future, then I'll buy it. She also knows to not get too attached to some things because if the value goes up, then I'll sell it too.

Honestly, no, but I sure have built around scopes that I have Needed, or newly released bullets..
If I was to have a rifle built to shoot 3000 yards and more, securing a set of premium dies first would be in order.

Talk about starting projects: I started a 25/280AI in Dec-22. Set up with gunsmith to get items to build rifle. Included reamer, action, barrel, trigger, and stock. Order barrel in Jan 23, and set up for reamer. What a mess! Reamer info was losted by maker, and finally they said they mess that up. Now I finally got the reamer. At the same time order out a Barlein Barrel. with 7-1 twist rate. It finally arrived but in a 10-1 twist rate. Fight was on with Barlein. Finally they figure out they had screwed up. Now back in line for the barrel.
Question: Is everybody else having these types of problem in getting items to build a rifle.
The good thing is, I am getting my fireforming action and barrels.
My 6mm/280AI only took a year or little less from start to finish.
In new reloading equipment and components it has taken at time almost a year to get some of those items.

Recent Posts