Pellet rifles -who likes them ?

I like em but the 20 rabbits I killed in my city lot backyard hate em.

my brother inlaw bought a Beeman R1, and had it accurazied at the factory. It has a Leupold 1x - 4x scope on it that was modified by Leupold for air rifles. Think it maybe a .177, but not sure. Anyway the proof target he recieved with the rifle was about a quarter inch!! Uses it for squirrel hunting mostly, and has killed hundreds of them over the years. After about twenty five years the rifle started to malfunction, so he sent it back for a tune up (life time warranty). It comes back in a couple weeks shooting just like a new one.

Many years ago the shooting club at work put out a poster inviting everybody to come to their indoor range (20 meter) for an open shoot for 22 rimfires and smaller stuff. He asked them if they let him bring his pellet gun! The guys laughed at him, and said go ahead! He was shooting groups close to half the size the guys with their High Standards were shooting, and of course won everything! I had to listen to them cry out it for six months! The next year they put a rule out saying no rifles, and he threatened to buy a match pellet gun just to get under their skin
gary

I bought what I consider my first real air rifle just after Xmas 2008. It's a FX Cutlas, sometimes called a Super Swift. It's a PCP. Which means "Pre-Charge-Pneumatic" I use a 3-stage hand pump that will pump up over 3200 psi, which is more than 50% over the normal 2000 psi on scuba tanks. It uses an 8-shot cylinder with a "straight pull" action (just pull it back & turn it loose). As fast or faster than a lever action with a little practice. Spring pressure on the pull lever will drive the pellet into the chamber without help if done right.
It has a target barrel (shrouded to make it quiet). It has an adjustable 2-stage trigger which comes from the factory set at 21 ounces. It also has 3 power ranges. In a .22 caliber, it will shoot 600, 740 & 930 ft/sec, The .17 caliber shoots at a higher velocity, but with less energy. I rarely shoot at anything but low power.
I have a Leapers illuminated 6x scope on it called the "Bug Buster" and will focus down to 3 yards. My Cutlas weighs 5.25 lbs with a thumbhole synthetic stock.
It comes with a total of 4-8 shot cylinders which is more than enough for any shooting session I have at one time. I shoot any critter that eats on my vegetable garden or my wife's flower garden.
Once I actually took a shot at a squirrel running from right to left on the peak of my neighbor's house, about 30 yards out. I lead him about 6 inches & dropped him. He rolled off the roof into the neighbor's yard, stone dead.
You might as well know the truth. I ain't that good a shot. It was nothing but luck & I know it. But it felt really good!
This gun is a dream to shoot & perfect for keeping my shooting eye sharp. It ain't cheap either!

Airguns of Arizona sells a very extensive line of air rifles and pistols of all kinds.
Check it out it's very interesting. They sell air guns 30 caliber & larger. FX also makes at least one semi-automatic model.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts