300 Varminter Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Patriot44, Wildcat

What part of this post are you 2 have trouble grasping
?"

I will add Bountyhunter to those two names with this post.

Wildcat: one or two posts ago you stated that a two load case life was facetious. Now you're saying you admit to two to three loads for case life. Which was it? Which is it? You must enjoy this controversy because you continue even though your stated position evolves as more and more facts and data are brought forward in this thread.

Now we've got alleged information from your smith that refutes information on this casual 4000 fps barn burner that 30 people are using and consistently getting. Last I knew velocity comes from pressure. Overpressure any standard cartridges and if the case head and rifle hold together, they turn into real screamers. You just have to be willing to accept the risks and plan on tossing the brass after one shot or two shots. In that sense I could say all of my rifles all chambered "Varminter".

Patriot44: Your posts are obviously written out of spite, jealousy, revenge, or some other combination of grudge or grudges. They don't deserve any response. I can believe Wildcat is excited about his rifle build and got overly defensive. In the process he stretched some of the facts just a little. As a consequence, those stretches made it relatively easy for unbelievers to fire back. Your posts started poor and then just got worse, to the point they now utterly lack any merit.

Bountyhunter: If there's a safe way to crank all cartridge chamberings up to 4000 fps shy of exceeding industry standard operating pressures, then you'll be our hero if you share those secret tips.

Fiftydriver: You've probably posted more educational and helpful information on this forum than the rest of the people that have posted on this thread have all combined. By your hobby and vocation, you're in a unique position to share a wealth of information with readers that fall behind you on the experience and learning curve. People tend to help those who have helped them, so it doesn't surprise me that so many forum members come to your defense. Why that makes you a target for a few minority members, I could only guess as to their motives. But non of the motives that come to mind would be a compliment to those attackers.

Your primary objection with the 300 Varminter round has been stated so clearly that a person would have to try real hard not to comprehend it. Every deep-pocket cartridge designer/manufacturer abides by this common-sense rule, for fear that an attorney will recognize the easy pickens should an accident occur. They go out of their way to minimize the odds that a shell could be accidentally chambered in the wrong firearm(s) and cause injury.

Maybe Richard will post here on this topic and tell us where he was coming from... maybe he won't.

I sense the sun is setting on this thread... or maybe my post will heat it all up again. Cheers to all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.