300 R.UM Initial Firing.

86alaskan those loads were just where i started from. I will work up from there. Looked through a lot of thread from various sites on reloading 300 RUM and manuals and determined those would be safe starting parameters. I'm hoping to get close to 3200fps.

So I spoke with someone from Nosler 6 days ago the individual said he would get back to me. Called again yesterday and was asked to forward photos and type of firearm etc. Did so. Got response saying without seeing firearm and spent casings they wouldn't be able to determined much. They have sent my contact info to Cabelas where I purchased the ammo. I'll wait for their response. Nosler said replace the box of ammunition.

So I spoke with someone from Nosler 6 days ago the individual said he would get back to me. Called again yesterday and was asked to forward photos and type of firearm etc. Did so. Got response saying without seeing firearm and spent casings they wouldn't be able to determined much. They have sent my contact info to Cabelas where I purchased the ammo. I'll wait for their response. Nosler said replace the box of ammunition.
Sounds about right

Run Ladder test with 200gr Hornady ELD-X 90 to 94 grains H 1000 CCI 250 magnum primers. C.O.A.L 3.63" Temperature 50F. Looks promising. No pressure indicators. Will proceed no farther with powder charges.

Attachments

• IMG_4771.JPG
    IMG_4771.JPG
    828 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4773.JPG
    IMG_4773.JPG
    824.1 KB · Views: 36
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts