RFI Really basic advice - initial loading equipment purchase

jeffbird

Good morning all.

Thanks for your recent advice on a rifle. Based on that, I ordered a Chris Matthews' 7mm WSM. So, now I need to work on loading to bring out the best in the gun's performance. (That leaves me as the weak link, so the need to load to go practice!) Chris is ordering Redding dies to match the gun. Would appreciate the group's input on what else I need to set-up from scratch.

Redding has some packages with press, scales, trimmer and powder measure as one package. Should I go with one of these and add from there or order things separately?

I especially noticed quite a few different trimmers. Which calipers would you recommend? Also, should I go with a hand primer, and if so, which one? Anything else I need?

I've been looking at Midway USA. Is there another site I ought to check also?

Appreciate the advice, and I did try searching for this in the archives as I have to believe this has come up before, but could not locate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Will do. Who is that? Ric?
Enjoying reading your posts and thanks for taking time to reply.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.