284 Jazz

Dan, I haven't played with it much after we(me and Nate) stretched it's legs out to just under 2000yds. We had 53moa if I recall for elevation. We had some issues with the shellholder cracking because we first couldn't find one for the new case and were modifying one. I got the right stuff now, but I have been spending all my time shooting my bow getting ready for season. I don't have a rifle tag, but I do have a couple bow tags.

Reloading is easy, you neck down the case to 30 caliber and then to 7mm with the die. Fireform and there you have it. I read on one of Trueblue(Jim Hurst) who came up with the 300 Jazz Idea, didn't see any better accuracy with fireformed vs new brass.

I think it is a great caliber and will be very accurate. I don't think Nate offers any fireforming at this time.

The one thing I would do over is instead of having two rifles(7wsm match, 284 Jazz) I would build one and get another barrel and bolt and have a switch barrel between the 7wsm and Jazz. Shoot the smaller caliber mostly and when you need the extra horsepower you can switch and all that is different is you drops! Hope this helps.

Brent

Brent,
Thanks for the reply. Really torn between building a 284 Jazz and 7mm AM. Anyways thanks again for replying and that is a really nice rig you have.
Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.