26 Nosler?

6.5 Sherman?? never really heard of this. I really do not want to have to fire form and do a lot of extra case prep. I like the idea of just buying quality brass and then doing the usual of sizing and loading.

I would look at a 6.5 Sherman. Shoot a 160 Matrix close to 3100 fps and doesn't use a ton of powder. Barrel life is also ok. That is the route I went. My gun is still in the process of being built but I am sure it is going to be awesome.

This is probably the best option IMO too. 140 grain Berger: The 6.5-284 is more but I am not sure where the breaking point is. For example my buddies 260 with 26" barrel maxed out at 2800 fps. My 24" 6.5-284 maxes at 2970. I tend to shoot it at 2940 though. I will have a 27" barrel on it in 2 weeks. I should easily be able to go 3000 fps on a medium load.

160 Matrix. The max my 24" will go is 2760. 2730 is safer. With the 27" barrel I will probably only see 2800-2825. If you run the ballistics on all of this you get a couple hundred yards more from the 6.5-284 then the 260 max.

6.5 Sherman?? never really heard of this. I really do not want to have to fire form and do a lot of extra case prep. I like the idea of just buying quality brass and then doing the usual of sizing and loading.

Most guys are using 270 Norma brass. As far as fire forming, it is not really a big deal. I plan to fire form during barrel break in. After that you should get 5-7 firings before the brass is done. Form 100 pieces and you are good for a long time. Use the search function to look up the 6.5 Sherman and the 6.5 Sherman SS. I think you will be impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.