26 Nosler????? !!!!!

I have never owned a WM or STW. It works well in my 300 RUM shooting 230 Hybrid Targets. Good velocity and accuracy. Also using it in my 6-284 and 6.5 WSM. Just loaded a bunch of accuracy test rounds with 160's of different charges and seating depth in the 6.5, and as soon as the wind lets up here, I'll be giving them a go.

How would you compare rl33 to retumbo? Im on my last 8 lb jug of retumbo and have been unable to find any but 33 keeps showing up here also.

How would you compare rl33 to retumbo? Im on my last 8 lb jug of retumbo and have been unable to find any but 33 keeps showing up here also.

A good bit slower burning and better velocity. You can expect 100-200 fps more velocity over Retumbo with heavy bullets in cases that are good for a slow powder like 33. That would be cases like I have mentioned which are overbore. I'll mention that RL33 did not give any significant increase in velocity (3400+) over Retumbo with 180 gr bullets in the 300 RUM. However, it is easily pushing 230 hybrids at 3100 out of a 27" tube.

The 26 Nosler might be a little too overbore for optimum performance with RL33 but it should still do OK with 140-160 gr bullets. 33 does very well in the 6.5 WSM which is a good bit less capacity than the 26 Nosler.

A good bit slower burning and better velocity. You can expect 100-200 fps more velocity over Retumbo with heavy bullets in cases that are good for a slow powder like 33. That would be cases like I have mentioned which are overbore. I'll mention that RL33 did not give any significant increase in velocity (3400+) over Retumbo with 180 gr bullets in the 300 RUM. However, it is easily pushing 230 hybrids at 3100 out of a 27" tube.

The 26 Nosler might be a little too overbore for optimum performance with RL33 but it should still do OK with 140-160 gr bullets. 33 does very well in the 6.5 WSM which is a good bit less capacity than the 26 Nosler.

RL 33 really perks up my 338 Lapua imp & 7-375Rs, not so much the 30-375R.

Certainly perks up my 6.5wsm & Edge over N570.

I will be looking at using RL50 in my 6.5-375R, I think RL33 will be a little fast for it.

sirs,
do any of you think that nosler will come out with a 7 mm or a 30 cal. on this case over the next 2 or 3 years and what our your thoughts on such a set up using the 26 case for a 30 or 7 mm with only a neck diameter chane?
gary b...

Even if Nosler doesn't neck it up I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will neck it up and down. Its a well designed case that lends itself well to a number of other calibers.

Really guys? You are really buying into this? 1000 rounds of barrel life with no problem yet it spits out pills faster than the wsm and 264win?? Looks like a 7rum necked to 6.5 and i still dont get what is so special about it? Maybe ill continue to research it..

Really guys? You are really buying into this? 1000 rounds of barrel life with no problem yet it spits out pills faster than the wsm and 264win?? Looks like a 7rum necked to 6.5 and i still dont get what is so special about it? Maybe ill continue to research it..

It is basically a short Rum or long WSM

Nosler has been testing it non-stop. Right now it is at over 1K rounds with no issues.
If a1000 rounds can be put through a26 Nosler with no issues, then 1000 rounds can be put through a 7 RUM with no issues. If that is based on pushing a 130 gr bullet 3400 fps I can believe it. That would be a mild load for that cartridge. I can push a 140 gr bullet over 3400 fps in a 6.5 WSM with a lot less powder in a short action with about the same barrel life.

Exactly, so why all the hype?

Same hype people went crazy about when the 7mm & 300 Ultras hit the market I suppose. A 264cal cartridge in a brand new case design that stomps any other commerical .264 caliber into the dirt.

People love performance (well, at least I do). The opportunity to buy factory ammo for the flattest shooting, hardest hitting 6.5 on the commercial market.

Is it for everyone? no. Does it fit a particular niche? maybe, time will answer that question.

t

Same hype people went crazy about when the 7mm & 300 Ultras hit the market I suppose. A 264cal cartridge in a brand new case design that stomps any other commerical .264 caliber into the dirt.

People love performance (well, at least I do). The opportunity to buy factory ammo for the flattest shooting, hardest hitting 6.5 on the commercial market.

Is it for everyone? no. Does it fit a particular niche? maybe, time will answer that question.

t
^^^^this

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.