26 Nosler problems

he guys having a problem with a Browning hell's canyon LR in 26 Nosler. Hope y'all can help. It sucks lol, I can't get the gun to shoot anything tighter than about a 2.5 inch group. The 128 grain bullets were even worse over 4 inches. I'm thinking the 1-7 twist is just to fast for a 128 grain bullet going 3400 FPS. Has anybody else had this problem. The 140 and 142 shot the best, but factory ammo is so limited is this new cartridge

I have a Sako 85 stainless hunter in .300 win mag, it has 1/11 twist. I started out pushing hornady 150 bt down the barrel while in process of the break-in procedure they were giving me a three in group. Went to the Nosler 180 accubond and they substantially tightened the group to about 1.5. Still following the recommended break-in. Not bad nor good either. Got a box of 200 grain Nosler partitions, well this was the ticket. Clover leafs finally. Each gun likes a different bullet you just need to figure out what yours likes. As always check your base and rings just be patient with her.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.