26 Nosler????? !!!!!

The "formal launch will take place at the 2014 SHOT show" Jan 2014

This is cut and paste from Nosler.com:
Bend, Ore. – November 22, 2013 – Like many shooting enthusiasts, the Nosler family has always dreamed of introducing a new rifle cartridge to the industry; that time is finally here with the arrival of the 26 Nosler®.

The goal of the new 26 Nosler® cartridge was to introduce something to the shooting sports industry that took full advantage of new technology available to shooters including the advance of optics, reticle systems and of course high Ballistic Coefficient (B.C.) bullets such as the AccuBond® Long Range™ line. The old boundaries are about to be pushed to new limits.

The 26 Nosler® cartridge was designed to take advantage of the inherently accurate and high B.C. 6.5mm (.264) caliber bullets, and is capable of shooting the Nosler® 129 grain, AccuBond® Long Range™ bullet at a blazing 3400 fps out of the muzzle. Zeroed at 350 yards, the 26 Nosler® has a Point Blank Range of 0-415 yards. Loaded with the 129gr ABLR, the 26 Nosler® retains as much velocity at 400 yards as the 260 Remington® produces at the muzzle.

The 26 Nosler® case is non-belted, thus headspaced off of the shoulder to further enhance accuracy. The "26" also utilizes a standard (30-06) length action meaning shorter bolt-throw and lighter weight than magnum length actions.

"I really feel the 26 Nosler® has great value amongst the large family of 6.5mm cartridges. With minimal recoil, tremendous velocity, energy and the ability to point and shoot at the intended target up to a quarter mile away, this is the quintessential deer, antelope and long-range target cartridge available on the market today." –Bob Nosler, CEO/President Nosler, Inc.

The 26 Nosler® is a new and unique cartridge that was submitted to SAAMI® in June, 2013. The formal launch will take place at the 2014 SHOT Show where more exciting news will be released regarding this cartridge. Additional announcements will include Nosler's new platform rifle, in addition to exciting new bullet, brass and ammunition offerings.

For the most current information on Nosler product announcements, visit Nosler's Facebook page at

I am in Las Vegas right now and just got back from the SHOT show and have a picture for you guys. Here is the 26 Nosler display they had there. And then I ran into a nice guy by the name of Jerry Miculek. Having a great time at the show and the 26 Nosler is a SAAMI approved cartridge so we should be able to get brass and ammo by March they said.

Attachments

• STP61384.JPG
    STP61384.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 342
  • STP61385.JPG
    STP61385.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 250
  • STP61386.JPG
    STP61386.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 827
I live in Vegas. How do I get passes??

Hey Mario, you have to be involved in the shooting, hunting or outdoor industry. It is not open to the general public. If you are friends of someone with an FFL and they can get you in you could go. It sure is a neat thing to go to. Pretty overwhelming at first but then you kind of get a sense of direction and things go smoother. The best part is all the free swag all the companies give you.

Brandon

Can I get in on your pass??? hjahahahahah:D
Or you have an extra???/
I actually don't have time if it is this week… WOrk all day tomorrow then fly to mexico to hunt thursday

Can I get in on your pass??? hjahahahahah:D
Or you have an extra???/
I actually don't have time if it is this week… WOrk all day tomorrow then fly to mexico to hunt thursday

Yeah..I feel SO sorry that your week is SO tough that you can't make Shot Show since you will be in mexico hunting. :p

BTW...what are you going to be hunting?

Hahahahahaha. I have 40k acres down there and we gonna hunt whitetail, ducks, dove, pigs, 3 bears, and a mountain lion.

Maybe a turkey with my bow!!!!

Yeah it's a hard life but somebody has got to do it so I figured I would do
My time this year. Let one of you other lucky guys do it next year!!!!:D

From what I can find it's a .404 Jeffery that was used for the parent case.

American Hunter - .26 Nosler

If it lives up to it's potential it's going to be a heck of a round surpassing .264wm performance by 150fps or so in a standard length action and a case that should produce equal or probably better barrel life than the .264.

It will certainly be the fastest of the production 6.5/.260 cal rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.