Ziess Conquest Tactical

RLA

This will be my first tatical scope I am thinking of buying one in the 4.5 X 14 by 50. Is this a scope worth buying or is there a better one that I am overlooking? It will be going on a christensens arms 300 rum. Thanks

There is always a better one:( depending on the budget.:(

Zeiss are good scopes with very good optics and not the best of reticles, in my opinion. They are also a little bit shy on range of elevation adjustment. Something like 45 MOA full range. Therefore it will, in my way of thinking, require mounting so that as much the adjustment as possible is available to you. You will want to center the scope so at center windage is pretty much on target windage wise.

But, w/a 300 RUM this will most probably be a non issue.....

There are a couple on ebay right now I have been watching.
I though about one but decided not because I want at least 16 or 18 power. Happy Bidding.
Mike

The Zeiss Conquest is a great scope. Optically it is outstanding and very hard to beat in the equivalent scope category.

Chain,

Short answer is no.

However, I just learned, or at least think I learned, that the IOR 3-18 can be bought with the reticle in the FFP.

check out LibertyOpticsLLC Scott is the one to talk to there.

They have the IOR in FFP with a awsome reticle in it..They had some issues with the first one but they are fixed now I believe.. If I could get one into Canada it is the scope that would go on my 6.5X300 Win Mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.