Zeroing help please for my Zeiss

newgunner

I recently got into the shooting game and have only been to the range twice now. My scope is a Zeiss conquest 3-9x40. Zeiss says their scopes are for a 200 yrd zero. My question is do I zero it at 200 with the scope maxed out at 9 and then use the Rapid Z calculator to find my optimum power range or is there another way ?

Thanks

Hi Newgunner

Yes, just zero at 200 yards. You can use any power, however it's easier to see the target on the highest power. Then use the rapid Z calculator to determine what scope power comes closest to your load.

The cross hairs will not change point of impact through the power range. The sub-tended lines below the cross hairs will change with the power. It is the sub-tended lines that the Rapid-Z calculator is calculating power setting for. Zero at 200yds and put your load data into the calculator and select optimize power. When done shoot with the power set at the calculated number at the various distances to prove the calculator right.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.