Zero in problems at 100 yards

This is exactly what we are up against. A little update. We took it to a nice local gun shop and the guy sent a video scope down the barrel and noticed a lot of copper fouling. He thought it was significant enough to throw errand shots. We ended up getting some good copper cleaner and cleaned out the barrel.

In addition the guy said as you guys have said the stock sucks and showed us where we could already see where the muzzle side of the stock was rubbing fairly hard on the barrel. We concluded yesterday with that many shots and a hot barrel with stock pressure pushing up on the barrel along with copper fouling we were just getting a combination of errand shots. Along with we were both probably mentally/physically drained from shooting.

We also last night as I mentioned had somewhat loose action screws and those were tightened.

Pleased to announce our groupings are 1 inch or less. Best being a little under 3/4 inch grouping. However we would only shoot 3 shots clean the gun and let it cool so we didn't get issues with hot barrel getting pressure from the stock.

When my dad gets back from colorado we are going to get a replacement stock, and have it bedded/floated or we might try to do it ourselves. We are both fairly handy and I'm more technically inclined for finding videos.

Anyhow thanks so much for the input and help.

Any ideas on where to start with a replacement stock for the 300 rum? We are probably looking at something in the $300 to $400 range max if thats even possible?
Check Ebay. You can usually find used Sendero stocks and similar HS precision stocks for 250.00 or less. I have seen Mcmillian HTG stocks sell for under 400.00.

Glad it's shooting better for you. Put it in a good stock and you may have a really sweet shooting rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.