Zeiss RZ-800 subtension?

XTR

Pet peeve here.

In the past I've pretty much restricted my scope purchases to manufacturers that publish reticle subtensions, and keep them simple I like MOA or mil drops, not BDC systems that are designed to work with one bullet at one MV at one DA. (Nightforce, Vortex, Swarovski) With the proliferation of ballistic programs and apps in the world today I personally think many of the scope manufacturers are behind the curve with reticles. Straight mil or MOA drops work great with out guessing at what BC and MV the designer had in mind. (or they just don't care about competing in that corner of the market)

In any case, I recently came across a Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15 at a price that was too good to walk away from. Now I'm trying to find the reticle subtensions for this thing and can't seem to locate them anywhere.

I'm a competitive long range shooter. I hand load for everything I own and have custom reamers for about 1/3 of the chamberings so the whole "it's designed for a factory *** load" is kind of pointess for me.

Does anyone know where I can find the reticle subtensions?

Hello,

You could reverse engineer the information from the zeiss ballistic calculator here...
http://ballistic-calculator.zeiss.com/#/ballistic

THEIS

Thanks. Hadn't thought of that one. Great idea, I hadn't found the calculator with the custom load setting on the Zeiss page.

Initial look running it against a bullet with a good established G7 I get the drops to be in MOA at 1, 3, 5, 7.5, 10 and 13.

I can work with that now.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts