Zeiss HD5 & Burris XTR II anyone have both?

wardy

I have narrowed it down to 2 scopes to replace the Viper PST 6-24 I have sold. It'll be going on top of my 260 Rem. Primarily for hunting with occasional med-long range shooting for fun...

I'm wondering if anyone has both of these scopes and could give me some guidance on my decision.
The Zeiss HD5 5-25 may be way ahead of the XTR II as far as glass but I REALLY like the features of the XTR II ie: reticule, illumination, FFP and ZS.
The only Zeiss reticule I would be going with would be the Plex with locking turrets. The RZ 1000 is too busy for my taste.
I like to be able to use reticule to range or make shots off of subtensions, I like zero stops as well as illumination but its not a complete deal breaker...
I'm just wondering how well the XTR II performs pertaining to low light (dusk/dawn)
I don't think I would be hurt by either decision, just wondering if anyone has both of these or has anything to add to help sway me more towards one or the other?
Thanks,
Steven

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.