Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14-50 -$610 where to get?

ol mike

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifI'm pretty sure i saw this site here somewhere,selling for $610.
I've lurked on here and read so much of the archives that i'm drawing a blank on it.The search turns up so much ,i'm more lost..
I've got one in 4.5 14-44mm and really like it ,any help will be appreciated.ME

Ol' Mike,

I know place where you can get it cheaper! We sell the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50, Matte scope for $569.00 plus if you are in the states you would qualify for Free UPS Ground shipping. One bad thing is that we are out of stock at this momemt, but have them on order and they should be here any day.

The 4.5-14 50mm is this AO? And also does it have target knobs, tactical knobs or no knobs. On their website it appears they have knobs but I cant tell.

Thanks

300rum,

The 4.5-14x50 comes with side parallax adjustment and according to Zeiss, target knobs (more like tactical knobs than the conventional target knobs with caps).

Thanks for the timely reply, I've been considering upgrading and downgrading my scope, I have vx III 6.5x20x40 w/ elev knob. I am looking at vx III 4.5-14-50 lrt, mk IV 4.5-14-50 or the zeiss, only thing is the zeiss is a 1 incher, I think?. Any advice or suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

That is a tough one. Personally I like the Mark 4's, but they are a little pricy. The Zeiss Conquest is a great scope and I would highly recommend one if it suits your needs. It is a 1" tube with Windage/Elevation Adjustment (inches): 45/68(according to Zeiss' website). So I don't know if it would have enough adjustments for your needs.

Jon,
Again, thanks for the timely reply. Honestly I think the zeiss would handle my needs, and the $ is much better than the loopy's. I will be shooting mainly deer out to 700yds, 800 at the longest, with the occasional elk/mule deer hunt to nw wyoming, aah sunlight basin!! Regarless will the 30mm v. 1" make much difference here.
Thanks again,
Scott Miller

Scott,

The only true advantage with the 30mm tube vs the 1" is the 30mm will allow for more windage and elevation adjustment.

I've looked at this scope extensively and here is what I have learned. The knobs are more tactical like but you don't hear the audible click. You can feel it but don't hear it... I've spoken to the guys at kenton industries who make replaceable turrets and they really like this conquest because even though its a 1"er it has more adjustment per revolution than any 1" scope out there. Plus they said that they track very well. I am considering getting one to replace my swarovski but haven't made up my mind..

Also, That price is VERY good from what I've found. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Howdoo Jon,The Optic Zone

That is a very good price and thank you!
Are the ranging or mildot reticle's still available,through you?
Also could you give me a price on the 6.5 x 20 Z-Plex and Mildot please.The scope will be used for a multitude of things>>longrange varmints,coyote calling/ stalking,250-300
yard load development.I know the scope would be a bit much for calling but oh-well.

Once you've had a side focus scope you can never go back.I see nikon and simmons jumping in early with the side focus it won't be long until everybody goes with side focus or gets left behind.

I bought 3 new scopes about 2 years ago,a burris black diamond 4x16-50--30mm ,nikon monarch 5.5 x 16 -44mm ,and a zeiss conquest 4.5 x 14-44mm .A friend had two almost new leupold's 4.5 x14 -50 and 3.5 x10-50.We sat on deck and looked through all the scopes for a long time and-- you guessed it the little zeiss came out on top--..He said "now what is that thing again<<dried in wool leupold guy.Of coarse i'm not knocking any of the other scopes as the nikon monarch only cost 60% of the zeiss cost.They are all excellent scopes that im am proud to own ,but the little zeiss is compact ,side focus ,with great,great resolution,field of view<<<<I could go on..It resides on top of my little CZ 221 fireball and makes a fine little walking varminter that has accounted for many crows,ground hogs,coyotes,and praire dogs.>>>>>>>>OL'Mike..

Ol'Mike,

Yes the 4.5-14x50 Mil Dot scopes are available. We actually got 2 in from Zeiss just today. The price on the mil dots are also $569.00. As for the 6.5-20x50, the price is $699.00. The Z-plex is available but the Mil Dot is not. I agree the Conquest is a great scope and pretty tough to beat them, even the higher $ competition.

Thanks again Jon,

My 22-250 is being rebarreled right now,so i have a little time to decide on which scope.The 6.5 x 20 might be a little big for my walking /stalking hunting style but i sure would like that extra magnification for load development.I'll give it some thought in the next couple of weeks and buy one or the other..Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.