you just gotta love what kids come up with

308 nate

I just thought it would be fun to post a couple of the gun and hunting conversations my wife has overheard my kids talking about.
I would like to hear some of your kids hunting funnies.

this conversation was overheard by my wife, between my 6 yr. old daughter and 4-1/2 yr. old son.

they were going on a hunting trip with toy guns in hand, My daughter askes my son "what kind of gun are you using? before He could answer she said "mine is a 45-70. Then my son replies in a proud exaggerated voice(not wanting to be out done) "this ones a 50..45..16..17..19 smelamator"

This hunting story was overheard between my 4yr.old son and His 3-1/2 yr. old cousin.
They were talking about what they were hunting and the cousin says " I'm hunting for a buffallo and my son piped in saying "well,I'm Hunting for a Cantaloupe".

I noticed my son had been looking for His toy pistol, for almost 20 min. or better, so I thought I would help Him try to find it....upon asking Him where he last had it He replied " everywhere " this is so like Him because He does have it with Him almost all the time.
A few minutes later I found it, and called Him over and gave it to him, and that smile on His little face was worth a million dollars!!
hope you enjoyed these and feel free to add your own.

308nate

YEP, the trouble is you will look back someday at your life and realise that they where the vary best days of your life and you will wonder where they have gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hi all,
The schools here in Britain are extremely PC, when my daughter who was 6 at the time was told that guns were bad by her teacher she replied "my daddy has guns does that make him bad?" I was told by the classroom assistant that the teacher was lost for words.

I related this storey to my gunsmith who's son is the same age as my daughter and he told me that he was contacted by his sons teacher who was concerned about his behaviour.
It seems that gunsmith Jr was proceeding to cut the head and legs off of toy bambi with a plastic saw.
Dad was asked if he noticed any traits leading to violence to animals, to which he replied NO! he is only copying what i do when i prepare a deer carcass for the larder and how dare you make such presumptions! He was not very happy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ian.

308nate,

Your story made me smile.

I was informed by my 3 girls recently that they would all be having pink rifles when they grow up (the eldest is 6).

Took our eldest daughter 5yrs old to a small competition organised by one of the local shooting clubs, events included darts, 10m air rifle shooting and hand grenade throwing (wooden ones). She has her medal hung up in her bedroom, which she took to kindergarden.

About 30 kids turned up and everyone kids and parents had a good time.

The best thing I can say about the uk is that it is nice place to come from.

David.

Those girls can shoot

Here's my story

Teenage boy's ego busted.

When my daughter was about 15 her and two of her girl friends went off to Boy Scout Camp for two weeks. And decided that they would take the 22 rifle shooting course. At the end of the course my daughter had the highest score of anybody so the 18 year old boy who was the instructor challenged her in front of everybody to shoot against him.
Ten shots each later he has 8 in the bull and she has 10 in the bull.

She has her little trinket too.

3sixbits is absolutely right. It seems that it was just a few months ago, my 2 sons were doing the same type things that 308nate described. They are college students now but the love of hunting/shooting is well embedded in their lives. The oldest reloads for all his rifles while the yougest likes for dad to do it. We still go to CO for a week annually to bowhunt, they do whatever it takes to make it. 308nate, it is evident that you are cherishing this time and encourage you to continue cause it really is over in a blink.

My neighbor is the most huntin'est, fishin'est person I have ever met. He has been taking his two boys with him from the time they were able to sit in a baby back pack type carrier. My 7 year old plays hunting and army related stuff with them all the time. They are 9ish and 10ish (born 18 mo apart)now but a few years ago they were playing imaginary fishing while sitting on the kitchen floor. They had one imaginary pole to share and had agreed that the fishing regs were "catch and release". One of the boys caught a pretty sizeable fish and decided that he would keep that one. The other brother said he couldn't and demanded that he throw it back. Well the fight was on and their mother actually had to seperate them when the regulation dispute came to blows.

Thanks for all the replies,they were great!
And yes,I am truly cherishing this time and am doing my best
to bring them up with respect for life and to know personally the Creator of all things.
I plan to get my 4yr.old son a .22 Cricket for His 5th. birthday....I can't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
thanks again and feel free to keep adding.
308nate

My oldest was 5 when I bought him a bb gun and gave him the basic safety talk. He carried the gun around for the rest of the day practicing his prone, knelling, standing and setting positions. I put him and his little brother to bed around 8 p.m. and when I checked in on them about 11 p.m. he was sitting propped up with his red Ryder cradled in his arms. I asked him why he wasn't asleep and he said he was watching for bad people, I asked him what he was going to do without any ammo and he told me "they don't know that". That was 39 years ago and he's still watching out for the bad people this time in Iraq.

I wish I could designate that my taxes go toward making sure he never goes on duty without enough ammo.

usa.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.