XP-100 7mm Int reloading advice please

Unofficial Gun Addict (UGA)

Heya guys! I'm super excited as I just picked up a Remington xp100 7mm BR rechambered to 7mm Int. This is a gun that I've wanted for a long time, ever since I was about 14 and a guy at the range let me pop off a few rounds at silhouettes. This gun also came with "FULL SIZER DIE, NECK SIZE DIE, BULLET SEATING DIE, CASE FORMING DIE, REIM DIE, INSIDE NECK REAMER, AND APPROXIMATELY 100 CASES".

It's in Ohio and I'm in Idaho so it's going to take a few days to get to my FFL, but I was hoping to get some info on loading this beauty so that I can get mentally prepared, and setup with anything I need so that it's not in the cabinet for a week or two before I can get it to the range.

Anyone with tips, pointers, experience reloading the 7mm Int would be greatly appreciated, as well as any load data you have. I want to use this gun for coyotes and deer out to about 200 yards, so if you have a recommendation on bullet choices for that application, I would really be open to that as well. I've got Varget, H4985, Imr 4064 & 4350.

Thanks in advance guys!

James
image.jpg

Last edited:
If you live in Twin Falls a great friend of mine knows more about these than anyone. His name is Rod Herret of Herret Gun Stocks and The Herret Center at CSI. He Is Also the father of the 30 Herret that is dominate in pistols. We have shot thousands of rounds in this caliber. No one knows more than Rod.. PM me if you would like to be in touch with him. He is unlisted due to his fame. Our families are personal friends. I could help on the ffl if needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.