XLR Industries Questions

Welcome to the forum!

Currently running a 4.0 mag after coming from a long run with mdt. I am not a fan of the accessory thumb rest at all but it's nothing to prevent me from setting up several 4.0 for others this past year. I did experience the same left/right poi shift as any other non-bedded chassis over time but the 4.0 seems to be less picky about horizontal shift then my mdt's. That's using the rifle system from -10 to 100 f all year. Hunting to comps. Heavy use riding in packs etc, hiking, dirt bikes, quads, utv's, and horseback.

In the end, I am very happy with the xlr and have no regrets making the switch.
What are you torquing your action screws to? In all of my rifles, I haven't had any issues with any poi shift over time (of course I should say that but I am being honest). I am torquing the action screws to 65-inch lbs and then I put a little bit of white lithium grease on them to ensure there is not any binding between the action screw and action. That is the only time that we have seen anyone have issues is a customer was getting a false torque due to the action screw binding before it was making full engagement. Might be something to try out and it should fix any poi shift! Glad that you are linking the chassis though!!

What are you torquing your action screws to? In all of my rifles, I haven't had any issues with any poi shift over time (of course I should say that but I am being honest). I am torquing the action screws to 65-inch lbs and then I put a little bit of white lithium grease on them to ensure there is not any binding between the action screw and action. That is the only time that we have seen anyone have issues is a customer was getting a false torque due to the action screw binding before it was making full engagement. Might be something to try out and it should fix any poi shift! Glad that you are linking the chassis though!!
I have a snap on electronic torque wrench and use 65 inch lbs. Same as mdt. I've built a pile of rifles and use torque wrench's on everything.

Have you seen reliable feeding with the 700 footprint 22s in your chassis like the vudoo and bergara? Do any of your chassis have an adjustable mag catch option?
Our envy pro does have an adjustable mag latch and it has been great for the 22s! I have two Bergaras in Envy's and at this time (one more on the way) and I believe I have ran 5000 rounds through them total. I have had 2 rounds not feed out of those 5000. 1 was when I made the video below and I forgot to reset the mag latch (totally my fault) and the second one I am not sure what happened. Possibly the rim behind the round below it. Those are the only two issues I have had yet! We have had a lot of customers call in and say it fixed their feeding issues completely! Vudoo is offering the Envy as one of their package rifles now because they love the adjustable DBM! I have attached a video below to our youtube channel for you to take a look at! The whole system is pretty simple but does not walk at all over time even with the centerfire rifles.

I have a snap on electronic torque wrench and use 65 inch lbs. Same as mdt. I've built a pile of rifles and use torque wrench's on everything.
Perfect! I have heard a couple of gunsmiths say that they do not like torquing actions that much so I just wanted to make sure! Try a little bit of white lithium on the action screws and see if that fixes your issue on the next one. We have not been able to recreate a poi shift so if you get one please give us a holler so we can try to recreate it and tweak something if we can! We are always trying to find issues so we can improve on the inlet or chassis design!

If someone attempted to modify the inlet of one of your mg Chassis, would the risk of fire be relatively high? I had ordered an element 4.0 for a rem 700 or clone, then changed my mind and decided to go with a Bat Vampire. I know with a wood or composite stock such as manners or McMillan, changing the inlet is relatively simple, the same would go for if a person went with something like a Stiller TAC 338, that is slightly larger diameter, just widening the inlet slightly allows the use of the other action.

I myself would never do this, however it did spark the question, so I sent an email to you guys to ask if modifying the inlet was possible, and as I expected, I got a reply saying that it is not, so I sold my rem 700 chassis and purchased another element 4.0 inletted for the Vampire from Bat Machine.

My concern would come from someone that had the cnc equipment to do so and decided to give it a go. Is re-inletting one of your MG Chassis a fire risk or is it more of just compromising the design?
I've drilled their magnesium with no issues

Don't forget the little Atom.
20220425_195811.jpg

If someone attempted to modify the inlet of one of your mg Chassis, would the risk of fire be relatively high? I had ordered an element 4.0 for a rem 700 or clone, then changed my mind and decided to go with a Bat Vampire. I know with a wood or composite stock such as manners or McMillan, changing the inlet is relatively simple, the same would go for if a person went with something like a Stiller TAC 338, that is slightly larger diameter, just widening the inlet slightly allows the use of the other action.

I myself would never do this, however it did spark the question, so I sent an email to you guys to ask if modifying the inlet was possible, and as I expected, I got a reply saying that it is not, so I sold my rem 700 chassis and purchased another element 4.0 inletted for the Vampire from Bat Machine.

My concern would come from someone that had the cnc equipment to do so and decided to give it a go. Is re-inletting one of your MG Chassis a fire risk or is it more of just compromising the design?
great question.Been wondering it myself.

When are you or someone else going to make a magazine that is less than 10rnds for your medium action magnesium 4.0?

I bought mine thinking I'd do a lightweight chassis build. Then find out 10rnd is only option. Kinda defeats the purpose of a light weight magnesium. 4.0 got sold for that reason.

Last edited:
When are you or some one going to make a magazine that is less than 10rnds for your medium action magnesium 4.0?

I bought mine thinking I'd do a lightweight chassis build. Then find out 10rnd is only option. Kinda defeats the purpose of a light weight magnesium. 4.0 got sold for that reason.
That also reminds me.....

In addition to this question, what about a polymer or other lightweight long action CIP length magazine for your long actions, set up for PRC/RUM/Nosler type cartridges? Right now the lightest magazine option is over 5 oz iirc, and the "standard" 5 round mags weigh nearly half a pound.....

Last edited:
That also reminds me.....

In addition to this question, what about a polymer or other lightweight long action CIP length magazine for your long actions, set up for PRC/RUM/Nosler type cartridges? Right now the lightest magazine option is over 5 oz iirc.....
Someone needs to design something like the tikka mags for xlr. I still can't figure out why it hasn't. No more heavy tuna can mags