Wyoming Unit B Expectations

Lovellr653

Okay ladies and gents, I leave for my first ever mule deer hunt next week and have no idea what to expect. We're going to drive out and want to see some sights so I allotted 5 days of travel heading west. This will be me and my dads first time with an outfitter as well. My tag is for General Unit B; what is considered a decent, good or big buck for this area? As an eastern whitetail hunter that doesn't see big bucks often I'm worried I'll see a mediocre muley and a think it's a giant, but watching shows and seeing pictures online I may also have some unrealistic expectations. Any and all information, tips, stories, examples are appreciated. I will rely on my guide of course but would like some third party insight from you all. Thanks in advance. I will be using 120gr TTSX in my 260 and my dad 150gr TTSX in 30-06. This is a combo hunt for unit 24 antelope as well.

A 4X4 (not counting brow tines) that is over 25 inches wide with decent forks would be a decent buck. Occasionally a narrower buck may be very tall..... Just have a heart to heart ,honest discussion with your guide before you go into the field. He should know the local area best.
Bruce
That's good information, thank you!

Guides do what your expecting. He'll do you right if you tell him what your looking for. I'm currently on a DIY Mulie hunt and it's tough hunting. Mountains full of camps and hunters. Hopefully the weekdays will see less hunters up there. So far only does and small bucks. Killed a decent antelope last week so hoping to fill this Mulie tag. Good luck.