Wyoming is the only state that loves me

Yep! I love the Eastman magazine, but too many people read the MRS, as well as the Huntin Fool magazine put out by Carters. As a result some areas get pounded and overwhelmed by hunting pressure that they list as blue chip areas. Before long those areas aren't mentioned and others come on the screen to suffer the same consequence of being shot out in a couple seasons.

Yep! I love the Eastman magazine, but too many people read the MRS, as well as the Huntin Fool magazine put out by Carters. As a result some areas get pounded and overwhelmed by hunting pressure that they list as blue chip areas. Before long those areas aren't mentioned and others come on the screen to suffer the same consequence of being shot out in a couple seasons.

I hate eastmans because of the MRS but it in no way affects the amount of animals taken. it just makes it harder to draw (UNLESS its general then more people may hunt it but i doubt there are many general areas in the MRS section) Same amount of tags for residents and non residents, so saying an area gets pounded isnt actually true.... Did I mention Mike eastman is an idiot?

Yea, I guess after thinking about it I would have to agree with you that maybe it screws up the draw odds more than the unit hunting itself. I know Mike Eastman doesn't speak very decent English and to write books like he does he must have a "ghost writer" and a lot of good editing. I don't know that it would make him an idiot though. Would you care to explain that comment since I have evidently missed it if you have posted in the past about him. Put it in a PM if you don't care to post on the open Forum. Thanks!!!

How's your area looking this year? My friend in Worland said with the moisture since last winter on through to a couple weeks ago from there going on east up into the mountains that it's looking as good as he can remember since he retired and moved back there in 1997.

OK maybe Idiot isn't the best choice of words... maybe it is. He preaches ethics this and ethics that... does anyone know that about 20 years ago when he had his outfitting business that he got caught poaching? and I hate that he sells out hunting info just to sell magazines and makes areas that are good now very hard to draw. I did my own research and found good areas and now i cant draw them because he wants to sell magazines. He acts like his poo dont stink... I could go on and on.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts