Wyoming elk

My experience......there are several good options. I chose Josh Martoglio with Trails West in unit 61 last Fall. They don't get any better. Professional operation and I felt very fortunate. My goal wasn't to just kill a nice bull. I wanted the whole experience. What I got......a once in a lifetime backcountry elk hunt. Rode horses twelve miles in, saw elk on the way, camped in the some of most amazing country, great guides willing to put the work in, was in more elk than I thought existed, saw grizzlies, wolves, etc. We were in the biggest rut fest of bugling elk I've ever witnessed and I live just over the border in great elk country. Rode horses through amazing country each day. Both camps combined went 100% and took 7 nice bulls in the first three days of the season. The beauty of Josh's operation is in his approach, country and elk population. You get to hunt them where they live and there isn't a dependence on weather/migration. I shot a really nice bull on the third evening after passing a considerable number of bulls. From what I've read, the majority of the Thorogood area to the North can be dependent on weather and elk migration timing out of the Park. The cost is very justified in the years of your life it takes to get a tag and for the most part, this is a hunt that most will only get to do once in a lifetime. It was worth every penny and it couldn't have been better.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.