Wyoming Cow hunt Unit 41

Ghostmoney

Does anyone have any experience hunting unit 41? Season starts on the 15th of October and I am planning on being there on the 17 to hunt and staying until the 25th. I have never hunted this unit and was wondering if most of the elk tend to be in the eastern portion of the unit in the cloud peak wilderness area.

I will also be hunting area 41 for a cow elk. We are hunting with Tangle Ridge Outfitters, from October 26 till October 31. I think most of his clients that killed elk during bow season have come off the wilderness area.

Yes from my research it appears that most outfitters are hunting in the wilderness area. Thinking I will hunt around the wilderness area the first couple days and see what I come up with and then check out the western side

You will be hunting right out my back door. You should see good elk numbers especially if this snow we are getting right now continues they should be down lower. get off the roads you wont have a problem finding elk. Keep in mind unless you are with an outfitter you can not hunt the wilderness. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts