Wyoming Antelope hunting DIY public land

dargie12317

Hello averyone

I purchased preferences point for Antelope and I want to go to Wyoming in 2021, please give me advice what unit I should go I Wyoming.

thank you,
Tom

You want to hunt the main migration route between Jackson and Rock Springs. 1000s travel this every year and there are plenty of State and Federal parcels to hunt on.

Hot spots are in the Cora/Pinedale area where killing a post rut buck is a sure thing.

Feel free to PM me for details.

You want to hunt the main migration route between Jackson and Rock Springs. 1000s travel this every year and there are plenty of State and Federal parcels to hunt on.

Hot spots are in the Cora/Pinedale area where killing a post rut buck is a sure thing.

I want to go!!

Antelope tags are being reduced every year.

If you want to hunt before you die you have to pony up for the "premium" license.

Call WYG&F they can explain it.

With one point and wanting to hunt next year I'd suggest trying to get doe tags. They are cheap and don't take any points. If you haven't hunted antelope before it's a good way to get your feet wet, learn a little bit about them, and learn some areas, while saving points until you can draw something worth the time and monetary investment. Doe tags are often over looked by non residents for some reason, likely because they all want to get a buck. Doe antelope are more fun to hunt and better to eat anyways.

Do you put in for the doe antelope the same time as buck? I haven't noticed it when I have put in for antelope. I have 7 points, I'll take suggestions on what unit. The buddy I had planned to hunt with moved so now I have no idea where I will go.

Do you put in for the doe antelope the same time as buck? I haven't noticed it when I have put in for antelope. I have 7 points, I'll take suggestions on what unit. The buddy I had planned to hunt with moved so now I have no idea where I will go.

I have wanted to try for an WY Antelope but trying to figure out the Wyoming regs was a nightmare for me. I live in Washington where the licenses are over the counter. Only the specical hunts are a draw.

You can apply for doe tags during the draw or wait until after in July for leftovers. I wouldn't . Last year I think non res doe was $34.00 same for doe deer tags.

Most times I get left over doe tags online. I have purchased as many as two at one time for about $35 or so. I hunt either the Hat Six Ranch about one mile south of Casper (public Hunting) or around an area between Saratoga and Encampment (BLM) parcels, walk in from road only. These change year to year so I get a map from Wyoming Game or BLM headquarters. They have different dates also. I camp at Lake Saratoga and it's about 15-20 min to hunting area.
I know there are places around Gillette but I haven't hunted them yet.
Since taking a buck in 2008 on the Hat Six Ranch I just get doe tags now. The are good eating and usually easy to get.
Here is a link to the Hat Six Ranch. There are two campgrounds, one KOA and another I can't remember name, within 10 minutes of the Ranch gate. KOA has cabins, with two bunk beds, sleeping 4 or two with gear on top bunk, coffee pot, public showers and bathrooms. Good restaurants near by.
Good luck. I never messed with preference points on Antelope but I do get them for Elk in SW Colorado.
Hat Six Ranch Antelope Hunting

I have wanted to try for an WY Antelope but trying to figure out the Wyoming regs was a nightmare for me. I live in Washington where the licenses are over the counter. Only the specical hunts are a draw.

Uh, you pick an area, you apply, if you draw you hunt.

Thanks, my main proplem was not knowing anything about the areas. From what I have been told, most of the prime areas are on private property. Drove thru Wyoming a few times but have never been off of the interstate highways.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.