Wyoming Antelope hunting DIY public land

Thanks, my main proplem was not knowing anything about the areas. From what I have been told, most of the prime areas are on private property. Drove thru Wyoming a few times but have never been off of the interstate highways.

You've been told BS! There 10s of 1000s of acres of State & Federal public land to hunt goats on. Don't believe what you hear. Do you own research.

Honestly if you throw a dart at the map of Wyoming you will likely find a good antelope spot. I have probably had 25 antelope tags in the last 10 years here in Wyoming and have only not filled 1 tag.....my brother in law backed out last minute just didn't work out for the little bit of time he was here during season so I didn't fill that tag.

Honestly if you throw a dart at the map of Wyoming you will likely find a good antelope spot. I have probably had 25 antelope tags in the last 10 years here in Wyoming and have only not filled 1 tag.....my brother in law backed out last minute just didn't work out for the little bit of time he was here during season so I didn't fill that tag.
That decides it! I am throwing a dart...I am sure I'll hit Wind River or other reservation lol.

Tagging in. My dad and I both have 9 preference points and are planning on going next year.

We just got back from a DYI hunt in Wyoming. For great bucks you need lots of points but with a little research you can get tags. This year my friends and I filled out tags. I had 3 my friends each had 2 it was very hard work and there was a fair amount of pressure but it was an awesome time

good info, I bought my and my wife's 1st Antelope point last month. But at 60+ yrs old I not going to wait real long before trying for a buck tag.

Thanks, my main proplem was not knowing anything about the areas. From what I have been told, most of the prime areas are on private property. Drove thru Wyoming a few times but have never been off of the interstate highways.
I'm in the same boat. Spending about a hour a day reading info on fish and game Website. Yeah it's confusing for me to but mainly because I just don't know the area at all. I'm reading and making a list of questions before I call them.

I'm in a state were there are 2 seasons....archery and rifle. These states that have multiple seasons are new to me

Easy to draw tags in most areas
I have hunted around Gillette, Douglas, and Rawlins. If you want to hunt private ranches, just contact local chamber of commerce in your area and request Info on landowners who allow hunting. Usually a nominal trespass fee is required which includes camping priviledged. Public land is plentiful but requires some more leg work and planning. Great hunts for kids too. Good hunting!

Do yourself a favor and call the wildlife office in the area you are thinking about hunting. I have spent hours on the website and learned 500% more in the 30 mins I talked to someone. Maybe it's me but this out of state hunting is a PITA to figure out. But they are super helpful if you call. I had a list of questions and not only did she answer everything but gave me a ton of tips and additional info.
I asked for a few GPS locations for deer and elk and that was one thing she didn't help me with....haha had to try!

I've hunted area 106 and 64 by Jeffery City for does, never bucks. Saw lots of nice bucks but I think 8+ points are needed there and I have 7. Goes up every year so probably never catch it. Nice area. Any input on areas 1-4 in NE Wyo? Looks like area 1 has a good amount of accessible BLM.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.