Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Rick I hunt as a NR and don't take one cent from NR who come to Montana.
I used to be on the fence about things like Wyoming wants to do as a NR hunter.
But some people think its there right to be able to go to another state and hunt which is true as long as you play by there rules whether you like it or not its that states decision like it or not.
The way I see it its not for me to decide whats best for Wyoming its Wyoming residents and F@G whether i like it or not there sand box choose to play in it or stay home.

No one has said that Wyoming is going to BAN N/R hunters. It is just looking to take care of it's residents FIRST.
When I travel, I never whine when there is a resident discount in another state for admission to a place or an event……

Rick I hunt as a NR and don't take one cent from NR who come to Montana.
I used to be on the fence about things like Wyoming wants to do as a NR hunter.
But some people think its there right to be able to go to another state and hunt which is true as long as you play by there rules whether you like it or not its that states decision like it or not.
The way I see it its not for me to decide whats best for Wyoming its Wyoming residents and F@G whether i like it or not there sand box choose to play in it or stay home.
I don't think you will see me disagree with "there sand box choose to play in it or stay home" because I have been playing for a very long time. What I disagree in is all the dissension between residents and non residents on this thread. Funny not haha, but I have never had a western resident show me any disrespect while I was hunting in their state.

I think everybody needs to ask themselves when you have neighbors over to your house do you expect them to abide by your rules or theres.

Said I would not get into this resident vs, non resident discussion but.. First off I love Wyoming and have many good friends in wyo. Tale away coal mining, gas and a few big wal-mart and ted turner ranches wyoming would not have anything but the tourism/hunting to support it. Resident hunters understandably want it all for themselves but the game and parks and tourism vendors like the out of states bucks. With the price structure on non-resident hunters Wyo is way to expensive and will not get my hard earned money with way more economical places to hunt. I might still might go to Jellystone park once in a while. Hell the wolves and grizzles eat all the good trophy animals anyway.

It never dawned on me that this was a invasion of Marylands resources .

It is, a good portion of you MD taxes and tax money goes to save the bay. Fish and crab licenses are a drop in the bath tub to your rain tax, farm subsidies, and EPA cost share mandates.

Crab limits are not a result of only MD'ers extracting the game.
It never dawned on me that this was a invasion of Marylands resources .

It is, a good portion of you MD taxes and tax money goes to save the bay. Fish and crab licenses are a drop in the bath tub to your rain tax, farm subsidies, and EPA cost share mandates.

Crab limits are not a result of only MD'ers extracting the game.
Yes a good portion of MD taxes go to save the bay and a good portion of Pa dollars help residents make a living and pay those taxes !

I don't think you will see me disagree with "there sand box choose to play in it or stay home" because I have been playing for a very long time. What I disagree in is all the dissension between residents and non residents on this thread. Funny not haha, but I have never had a western resident show me any disrespect while I was hunting in their state.
In my opinion threads like this should never come up

I have been hunting Wyoming on and off since 2000. I love the state so much that I now live here. One of the the things that attracted me to Wyoming early on was the vast wilderness and low hunting pressure. In the last 5 years or so I have seen hunting pressure increase significantly as well as the number of out of state hunters.
Any non resident hunters that are complaining should ask yourselves this question. If I was a full time resident of Wyoming, wouldn't I want to have the first and preferential opportunities to get licenses before non residents?? I certainly feel that the state government here has a right to look out for the people who are here year round and keep the wheels rolling by paying taxes and doing all the things necessary to keep the state operational.
If you don't like the way things may change then perhaps look at some other states for your out of state hunting. When I lived out of state and didn't draw license here it was very disappointing but I sure never thought of contacting WGFD and complaining to them about THEIR laws and rules.
It's not as if Wyoming is going to BAN non residents from hunting here. It just may be a bit more difficult drawing licenses.
I would certainly think that ALL hunters, resident AND non resident would like their hunting time here in the state to have as little competition out in field as possible…..
If outfitters are allowed a certain amount of guaranteed licenses it won't hurt their business and revenue for the state will still come in when these hunters visit here.
I have found that the very large majority of outfitters here are top notch businesses that are very successful at what they do and are a great place for non residents to look for their big game hunting
I'm not sure of your point here, are you saying that Wyoming F&G has given nonresidents more tags the past five years causing a overcrowding to available land to hunt ?

I'm not sure of your point here, are you saying that Wyoming F&G has given nonresidents more tags the past five years causing a overcrowding to available land to hunt ?
My guess is he's talking about overall hunters period. Theres only so many animals to go around so as residents increase and put pressure on animal numbers you have to do something to sustain animal herds. I know wolves and bears numbers I agree way to many but thats another topic.
Like I said earlier montana had a 12% increase this year and ill bet good money it will be another 12% or more next year and I bet wyoming is seeing a big increase in resident sales.

Let me clarify my interest in this situation. I feel Federal lands were bought for the use of the citizens of the USA. So when a state like Wyoming is 48 % federal land I feel as a tax paying american I should have equal rights to use that land. Like I said in an earlier post tags issued for that 48% should be available to any tax paying citizen of the USA.
It doesn't matter what state you live in they are Federal lands bought and owned by ALL tax paying American citizens.

There are more hunters in general in the last 5 years. MANY MANY more last year due to Covid……
I can't say for certain that WGFD has given out more permits to Non Resident hunters in the last few years but it certainly looks that way when looking at Vehicle License tags in areas l hunt.
I WAS a non resident until two years ago. Owned a home here but have only been truly FULL TIME for last two years.
TRUST ME. I look at things from all sides

This is all very educational to read.

So, as a NR hunter in Wyoming last year, I drew a mule deer tag and an antelope tag. Paid the "special" price just to have better odds to draw with a couple preference points. Didn't have an opportunity for a shot at either. I also picked up an over the counter leftover NR cow elk tag and harvested a cow, which I donated to my friend and his wife who just moved from here to Wyoming last spring. He works for the WYldlife Foundation, so I donated money to the Foundation. I paid my guide and outfitter money which goes back into the local economy. But not to the state since there's no state income tax.
Bought plenty of drinks and food while I was there. I was one of 4 NR in our group and we dropped $30k easily altogether.

If the residents want to keep non-residents out, so be it.