Wyatt's Center Feed Box Magazine

700xcr

I have a Remington model 700xcr in 270wsm with the synathic stock. Was wondering if there would be any troubles installing the Wyatt's center feed box magazine in this stock? Has anybody ever use this center feed magazine and was you happy with it? I been having a little troubles with the standard magazine. I know some rifles had problems with the wsm cartridges feeding. Remington claims it will handle 3 round in magazine but been having troubles so I've been only installing 2 roundsand still have some problems.

Not saying for sure that the wyatt's box will fix your problems but it most likely will , also if you get the extended box you will be able to seat your bullets out farter for an longer OAL.

I have installed a few and have delt with a few that were installed else wear and the ending reslult was always a rifle that fed its rounds better. You may hvae to releave the stock some for the extended box but not for the regular center feed.

I have installed one in my Rem. 700 and it has fixed my feeding problems. It was not a 5 minute job though. It took a lot of tuning to get it to work. I had to shave the lips of the box so that they would clear the bolt and I also had to bend the lips (several times) to get it to function properly. The only problem I have now is that it is hard to feed cartridges down through the ejection port. I usually open the floor plate to load the magazine now. Since hunting season is over now I may go back and take a little more off the lips of the box and see if I make it easier to load.

David

might be a dumb question.....

..but has anyone on here ever modified a rem 788 this way? i have one in 22-250 that has been my favorite coyote gun for yrs and it is about ready for a new barrel. i would like to modify it so that i can seat bullets out to a longer oal to seat them against the lands.....as it is i have to really seat them deep for them to feed. AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.