Center feed adl magazine for a savage

pablo

hELP!!
My son has a center feed Accutrigger Savage Action that came with floor metal. We are trying to convert it to an adl style magazine to save the weight of the floor metal. We already have an H&S stock that is adl but the magazine that came with the rifle floats in the hole in the stock. My smith attached a tab to the back of the box that centers it on the rear action screw but it comes loose and floats up and interferes with the bolt. Does anyone know if someone makes a box that will just fit the opening in the bottom of the action so the spring can just hold it up and centered? Or what is the correct combination of parts? It is a short action for 308 style cartridges.

Check to make sure the tab is installed correctly.

cetrfedlclip.jpg

Thanks for the quick response guys. I think both of the tabs on the L bracket are straight and not bent out. Will give it a look tonight,
Thanks again. Pablo

Looked at the stock and magazine last night. The problem is that the cutout in the stock is too long for the box. I think if I cut some filler material to hold the box to the back of the cutout it will work properly. Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.
Paul

A small peice of fairley hard foam in the front of the mag cutout did the trick. Thinks for the photos. Without them I didn't know if I had the correct peices.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.